Chapter 44: Ontario

•Is anyone going to any of the events for Creative Collab tour or Slaybells?

Awake ~44

Shawn Mendes

"I won't leave. I promise," I say softly to her and kiss the top of her head. She looks up at me and goes onto her toes to place her lips on mine. I lean down a little and I kiss her back. She slowly pulls away after a moment and looks up at me with a small smile. I take her hands and smile at her.

~Later that day~

Claire Johnson

Shawn helps me bring down my luggage as I look up at everyone standing around to say goodbye. The first person I hug is Mahogany and she hugs me back tightly.

"I'm going to miss you so much. It was really nice to see you again and can't wait to see you soon," she says to me.

"Thank you for coming all the way here. Can't wait till I see you at Digifest."

"You too." I walk over to Jacob and Aaron, giving them a group hug next.

"I'll miss you too. I'm glad I was able to get to know you too more."

"I can definitely say the same," Jacob smiles. "I'm glad you're better."

"I won't have my snack buddy," Aaron pouts and I laugh a little.

"Awe you guys." They both kiss my cheek before I get to my aunt Jen. She hugs me tightly and she starts to tear up. "Aunt Jen," I half smile. "I'm going to come back and visit before I move up there," referring to McGill.

"Alright. We're having a going away party for you and Jack."

"Okay." Next, Nash hugs me before I can do anything.

"Can't wait to see you on Friday," Nash says.

"Ill see you then." Nash lets go and I look over to my cousin and Jack. I walk over to them giving them a hug.

"Can't wait to see you at your graduation," Jack says.

"I'll have a pose for us when you come."

"Yes! Let's do it." I smile and look over to my cousin.

"My sixteen year old cousin is graduating," my cousin says. "I'm so proud of what you've accomplished so far."

"Thank you cousin. I'm proud of you too." I hug him.

"Thank you for coming."

"I'll see you in about three weeks."

"Alright. Have a safe flight and FaceTime us during your visit."

"Don't forget to call me," I half laugh. I pull back and Shawn comes back into the house with Sam. Sam looked a little serious and Shawn looked like he was a little bothered from their conversation. They both look up at me and their expression changes. Sam walks over and gives me a big hug.

"Bye bye Claire," Sam says into my hair.

"Bye Sam," I say hugging back. "See you soon."

"Don't worry, you will. You and Shawn should get going. Don't want to miss your flight." I nod letting go and Shawn takes my hand and we follow Sam and my cousin out the door.

~Time passing~

Shawn Mendes

"Hey Shawn, have you guys landed?" My mom asks through the phone. I'm holding Claire's hand as we take our luggage from the baggage claim area. We start making our way to the monorail that will lead to the main building part of the airport.

"Yes. Just landed. We are heading towards the monorail. We'll see you in about ten to fifteen minutes," I say.

"Can't wait to meet Claire!" I hear my sister say in the background and I smile a little.

"We'll see you in a few!" My mom chimes and she hangs up. I look at Claire and she's looking up at me with a small smile. I squeeze her hand a little.

She leans over to me and places her lips on mine as she walks backwards. I have to stop walking and let go of our luggages to cup her face. I pull back smiling at Claire. She looks down and her cheeks are a rosy pink.

"Let's meet my mom and sister," I say to her. She nods and she's by my side again as we start walking again. We arrive in the station area waiting for the monorail to come.

"I'm excited to meet Aaliyah," she says with a hint of excitement. I think they will get along very well.

"She's very excited to meet you," I say as I look around to see if the monorail will soon arrive. She takes her luggage from me and we walk on, taking a seat. I sit down next to her and make sure we have everything.

"Shawn," she says lightly. I look up and notice she is taking a picture of the two of us. I wrap my arms around her and smile. She takes a few pictures and on the last one, I kiss her cheek. She blushes and puts her phone away.

"You two are an adorable couple," An older couple say to us. I smile and take Claire's hand.

"Thank you," I smile.

"It's young love Ann," the guy says to his wife. The woman nods looking at him.

"Remember when we were young and in love?" She says to him. There's a little squeeze to my hand and I look over to Claire who has a warm smile. I hope we can be that elderly couple in the future.

•I'm home instead of my school dance this year 😅 Harry Potter marathon it is ⚡️