Chapter 27: Don't Be Afraid

•Hey, I want to tell you how much I love you guys and hope you have an awesome day/night ✨☀️~Sam

Awake ~27

Nash Grier

Claire puts her face into her hands and I bend down to get onto my knees. I pull myself close to her so I'm right in front of her and her legs to my sides. She shakes a little and I see she is crying. She whimpers a little like she is in pain.

I feel so bad for her. Cam and Taylor shouldn't be so harsh with her after what's she's been through. I look up to her and I bring my hands to the side of her face.

"I-I need to break up with Shawn," she cries. I'm surprised by this.

"Are you sure?" I ask softly taking her hands away from her face. Her eyes puffy and red. Her face mostly flushed. I put one hand back to her cheek.

"H-he," she's hesitating.

"Did he hurt you?"

"He has emotionally."

"Claire, what's wrong?"

"T-tell him to go back. I-I don't want to be in a relationship with him anymore, I don't want to go to prom with him and I don't want to spend a week with him."

"Claire, I can't do that. I'm sorry, but he has to stay with us and most importantly with you."

"I don't want him to be with me," she cries.

"You don't have to be in a relationship with him, alright? We can't force that on you. Okay?" She nods and I look up at her with a small smile, but painful to see her this way.

"Nash?" She asks quietly.

"Yeah?"

"C-can we finish our date before the incident?"

"Claire..." I say hesitantly. "I want to, of course I'd love to but... You and Shawn."

"I'm breaking up with him." I see the pain in her eyes.

"Are you not happy with him?" I ask looking into her eyes.

"No," she answers quietly. She's not saying something, but I don't question her. I bring her face close to mine with my forehead touching hers. "N-Nash, I c-can't."

"I know. Don't worry. I'm not going to kiss you." I instead kiss her cheek as I stand up and sit next to her. "How about I take you to your prom? Would that be okay?" I ask trying to be helpful. She smiles a little and hugs me. "Is that a yes?" I chuckle a bit. She nods her head.

She pulls back from the hug and yawns. Her eyes shutting slightly and her nose scrunches a little before she opens her eyes again. She looks tired.

"Wait, did Cam and Taylor say you were out all night?" 

"Shawn took me to a party around one thirty this morning."

"A party? Who's party?"

"Rachel and Ariana's."

"Oh..."

"They're not my friends Nash."

"I know. Kayleigh seems more like your friend."

"She's really nice," she smiles tiredly.

"She is. How about we take a nap, then we can go to the mall and maybe you can help me look for a tux? Then help me find a tie that matches your dress?"

"Okay," she answers softly. She gets under the covers and I also get in. Her back facing me and in a matter of moments, I can tell that she is fast asleep.

~Hours later~

I open my eyes and check the time on my phone. It's a little past noon and I have a text from Cam.

Cam: We found Shawn... He's fine, but with a massive headache. Take Claire out when you two are both up

Me: don't worry, I was planning on it. I can't BELIEVE you and Taylor scared her like that. She was shaking for crying out loud!

Cam: She needs to understand Nash. She can't just leave the house like that

Me: It's not even her fault! For crying out loud, don't you think you should hear what she has to say? You know she recently lost both of her parents, right? She's still trying to recover from her incident so you and Taylor need to chill!

He reads the text, but doesn't respond now. I play with my phone until Claire turns over and starts to open her eyes. I put my phone down and look at her.

"Good afternoon," She says sleepily. She stretches her arms out.

"Good afternoon Claire. Want to hit the mall today?" She nods. She sits up and reaches for her phone and she frowns a little. "What is it?"

"Shawn..."

"What about him?"

"I need to talk to him." I wonder if Shawn is awake right now.

"He's here..." She gets up.

"I'll be ready to go soon. I'll be right back," she says taking a new pair of clothes and walks to the bathroom then walks out, then out the room.

I get up and make her bed before making my way to the guest room. I quickly change and brush my teeth when I start to hear yelling coming from downstairs. I quickly make my way down there to find Taylor blocking the basement door.

"You are grounded Claire!"

"I am not!" Claire fights back. I've never seen her this way, but there's always a first. "I need to talk to him."

"Well Cam is down there with him, so no. You've caused enough damage as it is!" I come over to Claire.

"Dude. Just let her see Shawn. This isn't even your house," I say.

"Nash, stay the hell out of this conversation. You are not apart of this."

"It is once you try be a huge ass. Let her see him!"

"Didn't Cam tell you to take Claire out of the house for awhile? Why are you guys still here?!" I roll my eyes and take Claire's hand. I can tell she's scared. She's not used to this. I take her and take her car keys walking out the door.

•What do you want to see happen in the future updates?