Chapter 11: Learning Something New

I love you guys so much. You guys don't understand how thankful I am for every single one of you guys 🎀 ~Sam

Awake~ 11

Shawn Mendes

"Should I be scared you're driving us all the way?" I asked a little uncertain as I buckled my seatbelt. We have just check out of the hotel and put our things in the back of the trunk. She buckled her seatbelt before looking at me.

"Are you saying you don't trust me?" She asked. She started the car.

"Of course I trust you. You passed the drivers test so that's a good sign."

"Yes I did. I had a perfect score on it, in fact." She backed out of the parking spot slowly and drove  for the exit of the garage and entering the bust streets of New York. I looked out the window then back at her.

"When was the last time you drove something? You're driving with a broken arm. I realize you have just a brace on... Is that alright? How does that work?"

"I would drive with one hand?" I paused as I watched as Shawn's eyes widened. "I'm kidding!" I smiled more to myself before continuing on. "I can put some pressure to my hand as long as I'm not pushing it too much with putting much weight or pressure. The cast was taken off when I woke up. Last time I drove would be... probably be in January when I drove myself to the airport. Andrew had taken the car back to my house then."
"So over a month ago?"

"Shawn, I remember how to drive. There's nothing to worry about."

"Okay," I smiled. "Just saying."

"Sure, do you want to stop somewhere and get lunch on the way there?"

"I'm good for now. Are you hungry?"

"Nope," she said as she looked into the traffic leading to Lincoln tunnel.

Nash Grier

"We're here!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as we pulled up to Claire's house. Jacob, Cameron and Taylor groaned. Then I felt myself being smacked at the back of the head. "Taylor!? What the heck?!" I glared back at him and saw Jacob holding in a chuckled as he opened the door to get out.

"You almost had me waking up with a heart attack," Taylor mumbled. I rolled my eyes taking off my seatbelt and got out of the car to get my duffle bag from the back. Taylor and Cameron soon were getting out of the car to get their things as well. Looking over towards the front door, I saw Jacob unlocking the door to the house and disappearing inside. Claire had given me her set of keys to the house as we were to go ahead and settle in before she and Shawn arrived.

Following the pathway to the front of the house, I am welcomed with an elegant scent once I step foot inside. My eyes adjusting to the lightening Jacob had turned on in the hall and the living room. The living room had a great view and the stairs were to the far right. The kitchen must be past the doors straight ahead.

"This is a huge living room," Cam  said walking into the living room and made his way towards the couch. "It's seems very welcoming."

"I agree," Taylor spoke looking at he pictures that were hung up. "Claire has a nice house." I walked over to Taylor to take a look at the pictures myself. There were many school and family pictures. There was one in particular that caught my eye. It was a picture of Claire, Johnson, G and I think Sam. It was a group picture of them when they were maybe four? It was very distinguishable it was the four of them. They all looked so cute and they were so little. Claire was in the middle. If you looked between Johnson and Claire, they almost passed as twins.

"I think we may need to go food shopping," Jacob spoke up from across the living room. "We can make sure we have everything settled before Shawn and Claire gets here."

"That sounds like a good idea. I hope Claire will be alright once she is here," I spoke wondering if being here would make Claire feel upset or sad. I put my luggage by the couch and followed everyone towards the front door to make our way out. Jacob locked the front door as we made our way back to the car. It was once we were all in the car and backing out of the driveway with directions to a supermarket, Taylor spoke up.

"Hey, we should call Claire and Shawn to see where they are at. I'm sure they have already left." I heard an agreement from Cameron. Cameron used his phone to call Claire's phone.

"Hi Cam!" We heard Claire from the other end.

"Hey Claire. You're on speaker by the way."

"Hello everyone!" She spoke in a cheery tone. "You're on speaker too." Her light laugh indicates she was in a better mood than we all thought she would be in. When she had woke up in the hospital, we were worried things would be really hard for her and she would try to push us away.   "Hi Taylor, Nash. Hi Jacob!"

"Hey," I smiled keeping my eye on the road.

"It's Clairebear!" Cam exclaimed with excitement. We could hear Claire and Shawn laughing from the other end.

"Cam! Stop making me laugh. I'm driving."

"You're driving?" I asked surprised. When we planned for Claire and Shawn to drive up, we thought it would be Shawn driving. I did not realize Claire was capable of driving at the moment.

"Yes, I have my license."

"Since when?" Taylor asked.

"Since January. Guys, you make it seem like I can't drive."

"Claire..." Cameron sighed and I took a glance towards him. I noticed he wasn't happy about this. He took the phone from Jacob. "Your arm isn't fully healed yet. You shouldn't be driving."

"Cam, we're fine. I'm allowed to use my hand. The doctor said it was okay for me to drive again."

"Claire..."

"Cam," she said starting to get slightly annoyed. Oh no. "I don't want to argue. I'm driving right now. Goodbye." The sound of disconnection occurred.

"Dude," I say to him.

"What the hell was that?" Taylor asked.

"Why did you have to say something?" Jacob mumbled.

"I'm worried. I don't think she should be driving."

"She's fine. She has her license. If she thought it wasn't a good idea, I'm sure she wouldn't be driving and the doctor wouldn't think otherwise." Cam doesn't say anything after that and we all sat in silence.

•What sort of drama do you think will be start up throughout this story?