Chapter 15: Realization

Awake~ 15

Shawn Mendes

I rushed over to her concerned and wrapped my arms around her as she collapsed onto the rugged floor sobbing. I run my fingers through her hair and hold her in my arms. Cam came over with his eyes wide in confusion. Cam and I made eye contact at first and he nodded leaving. He wanted to give us some time. He made his way back upstairs.

"Claire," I gently spoke to her softly rocking her back and forth. I moved hair that was in front of her face to behind her ear then I cupped her face. She was in tears, but she calmed down from sobbing after a few minutes. I cupped her face again and looked into her eyes.

I tried to figure out why she suddenly started sobbing. I don't think it was from me and Cam arguing. It couldn't be. It must be something she was thinking of. I slowly started to lean close to her and placed my lips on hers. I kiss her and soon she started to kiss me back. I deepen the kiss and I felt her heaving chest starting to relax. I pull back and looked into her eyes.

"What happened a moment ago?" I asked in a gentle tone.

"M-my parents," she croaked and she shut her eyes painfully. I used my thumb to rub her temple. I feel guilt rush to me to remembering back to when I was with that other girl in Epcot. It wass a painful memory and the words that left my mouth... Should have never left my mouth.

"They're proud of you Claire. Just remember that they're in your heart." She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck. She put her head down on my shoulder and I pull her in closer to me.

~Twenty minutes later~

I tried to stand up from the ground with Claire in my arms. She must have fallen asleep awhile ago because her breathing and everything was back to normal. I carefully made my way up the stairs and reached the kitchen.

Taylor, Nash and Cam looked up from setting up dinner at the table to look at me. No one said anything as I turned to make my way out of the kitchen to find the stairs. I walked up the stairs and went into her room. I placed her on the bed without bothering to turn the light on. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead.

"Sh-Shawn?" Her soft voice asked weakly.

"Hey, you're awake. Do you need anything?"

"C-can you stay here with me?" I nodded and took my shoes off before getting under the covers. I pull her close to my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly knowing she was not going back to sleep for a little while.

"I miss them..." She said quietly.

"I know you do."

"I-I wish I can see them again..."

"We can visit their graves," I answered hesitantly. "If you want to," I added in quickly.

"Y-yeah. I'd like that. Will you come with me?"

"Of course I will. I'm here for you if you ever have to talk alright?"

"Okay. Thank you Shawn," she said and flipped over so she was facing me. She put one of her hands into my hair and looked into my eyes. "You're the greatest boyfriend I can ever ask for." I leaned down a little to peck her lips.

"Thank you for being my girlfriend Claire. I feel so honored to be yours and to call you mine." A small smile appeared on her face and she yawned as her eyes squint shut before they reopened looking at me. "You should get some rest." She nodded putting her head on my chest and soon she was back to sleep.

As I was about to fall asleep, my phone vibrated and I opened my eyes a little to unlock the screen and realize it was Carla from earlier today. I smiled a little.

Carla: hey Shawn (: can't wait to see you tomorrow

Shawn: Hey Carla, yeah. I'll see you tomorrow (:

Carla: Definitely! It was really nice to meet you today, goodnight Shawn

Shawn: it was nice meeting you too <3 Goodnight Carla

Shawn, would you like to share something with us?