Acknowledgements and FAQ

Acknowledgements:

Wow. It's totally insane, but I finished a novel. Even though I completed Comet before, this is my first completed plot line, and the first story I'm confident enough in to actually let people read. So I think thanks are in order for some people who helped get me through it! ^.^

Danny G.—my best friend and the only person who literally reads everything I write. He doesn't exactly give me the greatest feedback and assumes everything I write is amazing which, of course, it isn't. But all the same he makes me feel confident in myself and I love him for it.

Ally My Love—the ABSOLUTE BEST friend anyone could ever ask for. If it wasn't for her saying, "GO WRITE I WANT TO READ THE BOOOOOK!" every other day, I probably wouldn't even be halfway done with it by now. And if I didn't have her to pull me out of my slumps and down days, who knows where I'd be right now. Certainly not saying that I've completed my second novel at the age of 17 ;)

MY FREAKING AMAZING BROTHER ELIJAH—because his witty humor and impeccable delivery helped me, someone who isn’t funny (at least not on purpose), to create the voices of Lilyana and Hiero, two very sarcastic and witty characters. Without his influence, I wouldn't have been able to come up with half of that stuff.

MY EVEN MORE FREAKING AMAZING SISTER, RAVEN—because she named the Raven War in the book (I wonder why xD) and gave me Hiero's basic personality traits and appearance. And because she knows me better than anyone ever could and believes in me and tells me I can when everyone else says I'm a dreaming fool.

As far as you wattpad members go…

Choppy—my best "fictionpress/writing buddy," she read the first half of my story, and is going to read it straight through once I finish putting it up on wattpad to help me with things like pacing. Now if THAT isn't a good, helpful person, I don't know who is.

And justdivein—for reading and commenting on freaking everything, I’m so happy to have an awesome reader like her who I can always count on and who is so nice :D

So thanks to all those people, and thanks everyone whose read this story through. I appreciate it so much and hopefully I'll be able to further improve this story.

Remember everyone . . . don't forget to smile :D

Tower of Dove FAQ:

Questions friends, family, fictionpress members, AND wattpad members have asked me about the story! I'd thought I'd answer them in depth instead of say, "oh, just because," since I do this sort of weird stuff when I get bored. And cause, well, the story is done.

That is, until I go back for rewrites and edits . . . *sigh*

How did you come up with Lilyana’s character?

Hmmm I remember back when this story was just mulling around in my head, I had imagined Lilyana as being a very sweet, understanding girl. She even looked different—I’d imagined her with short, straight, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. But Hiero’s character I was having so much trouble thinking of. I mean, who could I put in a roll that only appears half the story—maybe even less—but still make you love him? So I asked my sister what she thought I should make him like and she said, “You should make him have like, black hair with REALLY green eyes and be all sexy and stuff, and make him one of those cocky jackasses who really have a heart of gold!”

That’s her favorite type of guy. I thought the idea was good, since girls typically like that sort of male lead, and decided to go with it. But the problem was, the sweet Lilyana in my head just DID NOT match up with the cocky Hiero my sister had suggested. So I decided to go back to zodiac signs, which is how I base my main characters. The traits she had described to me seemed to fit a Leo, so I was like hmmm, if I want to make a girl who will conflict with him but at the same time match each other, I’ll do his opposite sign! Then BAM, Lilyana became based off an Aquarius, with her analytical nature and emotional detachment from people and herself, mixed in with extreme sarcasm (one of my brothers is an Aquarius, everything he says is sarcastic) and accepting nature (even though she’s stubborn as hell, she doesn’t give a damn that Hiero’s a commoner or the son of a rapist. See? Opposite signs complete each other!)