"Let's try to find Landon." I suggest.

Hardin gives me a nod and leads the way. We end up finding Landon in the living room next to the china cabinet that has replaced the one that Hardin broke the first night I came here. That seems so long ago. Landon is surrounded by a group of men who all look to be at least sixty and one of them has their hand on his shoulder. A smile appears on his face when he spots Hardin and I and he excuses himself from their conversation. He looks very handsome in a suit similar to Hardin's.

"Woah, I never thought I'd live to see you in a suit and tie." Landon laughs.

"If you keep talking about it, you won't live much longer." Hardin threatens him but there is humor behind his words as he smiles. I can tell he is warming up to Landon and that makes me happy. Landon is one of my closest friends and I really care for him.

"My mother will be thrilled. And Tessa you look beautiful." He says and pulls me in for a hug. Hardin doesn't let go of my hand while I try to hug Landon back so I do my best with one arm.

"Who are all these people?" I ask Landon. I know Ken and Karen haven't been here but a little over a year so it is astounding that they know this many people. There has to be at least two hundred people here.

"Most of them are Ken's friends from the university and the rest of friends and family. I only know about half of them." He laughs.

"Would you guys like a drink? Everyone will be going outside in about ten minutes." Landon says.

 "Who's bright idea was it to have an outdoor wedding in December?" Hardin complains.

"My mother's." Landon defends. "Besides the tents are heated, obviously."

"You should go let your father know that you are here. He is upstairs, my mother is hiding somewhere with my aunt." Landon adds.

"Uhm.. I think I will just stay down here." Hardin says. I caress his hand with my thumb, he gives me an appreciative squeeze and Landon nods.

'Well, I have to go for now but I will see you after." He says and leaves us with a smile.

"Do you want to go outside now?" I ask him and he nods. "I love you." I tell him and he smiles.

"I love you, Tess." He plants a kiss on my cheek.

As Hardin opens the back door and gives me his jacket once again. The backyard has been transformed, two large tents take up most of the yard and hanging from the trees and the patio are hundreds of small glowing lanterns. Even in the daylight, they are beautiful.

"I think it's this one." Hardin says and gestures to the smaller of the two tents. Smaller than the other but still enormous. About half of the seats are full so and we take a seat in the second to last row, I know Hardin doesn't want to be up close.

"I never thought I would be attending my father's wedding." He says to me.

"I know. I am incredibly proud of you for coming. It will mean so much to them." I lean my head on his shoulder and he snakes his arm around my shoulders.

We begin to talk about the beautiful way this tent has been decorated, in all black and white. Simple and elegant.

"I guess the reception is in the other tent?" He says and twirls a piece of my hair between his thumb and index finger.

"I think so. I bet it's even more beatuful than .."

"Hardin? Is that you?" A woman's voice says. We both turn our heads to the woman on our left.

An elderly woman in a black and white floral dress and flat shoes stares at us with wide eyes.

"Oh my heavens, it is you." She gasps. Her gray hair is swept back into a simple bun and she is wearing minimal makeup.