Can We Help You? - Chapter Two

Mia's POV.

I have absolutely no clue as to why it took Whitney two whole hours to finally be finished with getting ready. It was only a little party, apparently. I was hoping that we could leave within the hour and be back before midnight so i could get some well deserved sleep after a long day of traveling and unpacking.

Once Whitney had finally convinced me to go to this party, we went and got showered, which only took me 20 minutes, whereas it took Whitney 45 minutes. What the hell was she doing in there? I don't know why Whitney though she needed to take that long, she had had a shower in the morning anyway.

Whilst Whitney was finishing her shower, I was drying my hair and straightening it, which took me a while due to my thick brown hair being so long; resting just above my bum. I remember back in year ten, I had my hair cut to just above my shoulders, which was the biggest mistake ever, I had to wait three years just to get it back to the length it was.

I quickly finished my make-up, consisting of foundation, blush, winged eyeliner and a deep purple lipstick, at the same time as patiently waiting for Whitney to paint her nails. Although I may come across as a 'geek', I didn't dress like one.

People never understood my style at school with it being skinny jeans, band tees and combat boots, but above all they never understood why I wore make-up. They used to say comments like 'are you wearing make-up to cover your ugly face' or 'that make-up isn't making you any prettier', which made me  more annoyed as time went by, but by the time I got to year eleven I stopped caring what people thought of me. If I was happy, then that's all that matters.

So now, two hours later, I was sitting on my bed dressed in my knee length black skater dress and my black combat boots, still waiting for Whitney to get dressed. She was rummaging through her wardrobe trying to find something to wear. She has shit loads of clothes that she could wear to this party and yet I know she is only going to end up wearing the first one she tried on, even after trying on another ten.

"My god, Whit, will you just pick an outfit already?" I groaned, rolling my eyes at her. At this rate the party will be over by the time we get there.

"Okay, I'm down to two different dresses." She spoke while holding up the two dresses. One was a bright yellow, skin tight dress with spaghetti straps, the other was an Aztec print, mini dress, with three quarter length sleeves. "Pick one" she said, turning to me.

"Umm, I don't know." She raised her eyebrow, encouraging me to answer. "Okay, the Aztec one." I finally decided.

"Yes! That's the one I was thinking!" she excitedly said, whilst turning around to put the other dress back into her wardrobe, allowing her to change into the chosen one. If she was thinking that one, then why didn't she just go with that one?

Once she was finally dressed, I grabbed my bag, waiting for her to do the same and walking towards the door.

"I can't wait for this party, I haven't got drunk in ages." Whitney gushed, a wide smile upon her face.

I hummed in response, not really feeling as enthused. From the corner of my eye I could see Whitney roll her eyes.

"Where are we going anyway? What party?" I asked, ignoring her annoyance.

"There is this frat party at one of the houses, dunno which one." She laughed.

"Oh, Okay. Is it far?" I asked yet another question. I was a little apprehensive about this party if I'm being honest.

"No, it's literally a two minute walk from here."

When I was looking at the University when we first arrived I thought there was only three buildings, but there was actually seven, with four of them being sorority houses. They were positioned behind the three main buildings where we had our classes in, making them unable to be seen from the front gates. Not only was there four other buildings behind it, there were also a sports field and tennis courts that could also be used as a basketball court. This place was a lot bigger than I thought.

You're Not My Type // Punk Luke Hemmingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें