Chapter 42

The night was long. Too long. I laid on the bed surrounded by lights and white walls. I couldn't move my hands or legs. My eyes stayed locked on the walls. Cameron sat in the seat beside me with his head in his hands. Luke and Dylan was in the waiting room along with Jack and Jack. The others couldn't show up, mostly because no one knows.

I was wishing it was all a dream, hoping, praying it was. But it wasn't. Far from one. It was reality.

I looked down at my small child, about the size of my hand. Sad to know she wouldn't grow up. That I couldn't watch her grow.

I wanted to cry. Cry so bad. The hurt inside of me was like no other pain. Cameron's in the same shape and me. We're holding it in. Holding in for her.

"Goodbye Rose. I love you." Was the last words I whispered to her before they took her away.

I looked at Cameron. His brown eyes were dark, but pale. The color in his face was drained. I felt bad for us. For our child.

I looked at him for a bit longer before I couldn't see anything for the water dwelled up in my eyes. I let it out. All out.

From the day I was born from this point. Every bad thing that's happened. I let it all out. Every single bit of it.

I cried and cried and cried. Cameron did the same. He held me tight but it didn't help. A big part of me was broke. I've lost so many people that i couldn't handle it.

~~~

The funeral was tomorrow. We have everything arranged.

I laid in my bed. I haven't said a word, haven't ate, haven't got out of bed for the past week.

Cameron has tried, even though it's been hard. He lost his baby girl. I lost her too.

Luke was in a bad shape, just not as bad.

Dylan really didn't know what was going on. She didn't cry, although she was very sad. I felt bad for her. She didn't understand. All I could say is, "Sissy went to a beautiful place. You'll see her one day." Until she stopped asking question.

Many people called and Cameron answered. All the boys did, apologizing and sending me flowers or cards. Cameron's mother and sister came in for the funeral and they've been staying in the guest room.

"Jasmine, dear, we're all upset but you have to eat," Gina tried to convince me to get up off the couch.

"I can't," I whispered. I don't want to talk. I can't or even think straight.

"Jasmine, you have to," Cameron came in the room. His voice was low and not much volume to it. It cracked, trying to pull off that he was okay, but I knew he wasn't.

I shrugged and pulled the covers over my head. Gina laid ice cream beside me, on a table with some water.

"Please try to eat. Rose wouldn't want to see her mother like this," Gina sighed, walking out of the room.

I felt the couch dent in and a arm wrap around my waist and a head laid on mine.

"I love you, jasmine. I'm hurting too, but moms right," he sighed, kissing my head.