Chapter 37

A month has passed and my stomach slowly grows day by day. "Cam!" I yelled from the couch.

Lately I haven't gotten up from there. Just watching the tv and waiting for my stomach to grow.

"What?" Cameron yelled back, "is everything okay?" He asked rushing by my side. "Uh huh, I want ice cream. Pronto," I sighed, handing him the empty bowl of my last snack I have had. "Jasmine, this will be your 3rd bowl," Cameron raised an eyebrow.

I'm sure 3 bowls of ice cream won't hurt. I have been craving them lately.

"So?" I crossed my arms. "So? Isn't that not good for you?" He chuckled. I just shrugged, closing my eyes.

"Hello, hello, crazy friends of mine," a female voice sang from the kitchen. I look and Cameron and got up from the couch and slightly dashed to the kitchen.

"Emily!" I greeted her with a hug. "I got you, well, the baby something!" She smiled handing me a bag. I opened it to see a yellow blanket that had a grey elephant at the bottom and a grey elephant stuffed animal that was the softest thing ever. I love elephants.

"Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here," I greeted her with a hug. "No problem. What're best friends for?" She smiled at me. I smiled back and grabbed her hand and guided her toward the living room.

Emily sat down on the couch beside of me and Cameron on the other side. "I heard aunt Em!" Dylan yelled running down stairs to see her dashing into Emily's arms. "Wow! Look at you! You're growing like a weed!" Emily smiled at her grabbing her hands. She giggled and sat in Emily's lap.

"Stop biting your nails!" Emily scolded at me. I rolled my eyes toward her while folding some of my clothes. "Well, your nails will look ugly, and sores on your hands," she informed me, placing the newly folded clothes in my drawers. I picked up a box full of my shoes and placed them in the closet.

"Jasmine!" Emily screamed causing me to jump. "What?" I yelled back. "You stop lifting that stuff! That is terrible for you!" She scolded. "Emily, I'm fine. I'm only 3 months due," I rolled my eyes. "Fine? that is not fine!" She yelled again, taking some more clothes I had in my hands and placing them into the closet.

"So when are you finding out the gender?" Emily asked.

"My appointment after the one tomorrow," I sighed. "You have a appointment tomorrow? You have to let me go!" She cheered. "Okay, okay," I giggled.

~~~

"This is exciting!" Emily smiled, sitting beside me in the doctors office. I smiled back and her and looked down at my hand, playing with a shiny ring Luke and Dylan got me for my birthday a few years ago.

"Hello, Mrs. Johnson. How're you today?" Dr. Adams came in the room.

"Hello, I'm fine so far. Cravings. Morning sickness. The usual," I shrugged. "Hmm, seems about normal. Who's this?" She smiled at me and then pointed to Emily.

"Emily, my friend." I smiled. "Oh, nice to meet you," Dr. Adams smiled, sticking her hand out for Emily to take.

"Sit down on the bed and we'll put the gel on your stomach." She pointed to the bed in front of me. I sat down and raised my shirt up to see a small bump.

The gel was cool but soothing.

"You hear that?" She smiled. My eyebrows furrowed and I listened and heard a small thumping sound. I smiled and shook my head. "That's your baby's heart beat," she informed me.

~~~

I smiled down at my ultra sound picture and put it in my purse.

"Thanks for coming with me," I smiled. "No problem, I'll come back and see you!" Emily smiled, hugging me. I waved as she walked out the door.

I love my best friend.

"Cam!" I yelled. "What? Are you okay?" He rushed into the kitchen. I giggled a bit and shook my head, "I'm fine, Cameron. I was gonna give you a copy of the baby's ultrasound picture," I smiled, handing him the small photo. He stared at it what felt like a few minutes but only a couple second and looked back up to me and smiled.

"I bet she'll be a beauty," Cam smiled. I raised an eyebrow taking a seat on the couch beside Luke. "I bet he'll be very handsome," I corrected.

"I hope the baby will be a girl. Boys have cooties," Dylan giggled, while sitting in Cam's lap on the opposite side of the couch.

"She won't be saying that for long," Luke teased. "Luke! Don't remind me," I groaned. "Makes me want this one to he a boy even more," I rolled my eyes. "He'll just be getting girls pregnant like Tay and Cam did to you."

I shot my brother a glare and groaned again. "I hate you," I said trying to be as serious as I could and not to crack a smile. "Hate you too," he smiled big and kissed my cheek, hoping of the couch and out of the living room. Dylan giggled and got up and chased Luke to wherever he went.

~~~

"I like Grayson," I smiled writing a name onto a notepad, "Or Jackson."

"No girl names? I like Farrah," Cam smiled. "Farrah is odd, what about Katie?" I suggested. "Too common, if it is a boy, what about Noah?" Cam also suggested. "I like Noah," I agreed.

Later that night we decided Cameron could pick out the girl name as long as I liked it and I could pick out the boys name as long as he liked it.

"You go first," Cam crossed his arms. "Gabriel Ashton Dallas," I smiled. He stared at me a minute and smiled. "That's catchy." He agreed. I smiled at him. "For the girl, Rosalie Grace Dallas," he smirked. I looked at him and smiled. "Deal," I agreed.

SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE. ENJOY.

QOTD:
Boy or girl? Which name do you like best?