Chapter 30

"I don't even wanna know!" Sinuhe exclaimed as soon as she saw the two girls stopping hesitatingly in front of her with embarrassing looks on their faces. They wanted to explain themselves but Sinuhe didn't want to discuss that. Camila was already a grown woman and her mother had nothing to do with her wantings anymore.

"But mom, we were just..." Camila was finally able to look into her mother's eyes for the first time since they had stopped in front of her while trying to explain herself but Sinuhe immediately cut her off.

"Alright, Camila. Let's forget it. Just go and buy everything's that's on the list..." her mother said trying to forget about the occurrence from a few minutes before.

"Mom, me and Lauren didn't do anything... Wrong... I don't want you to be mad at us... I swear we..." Camila tried again but Sinuhe interrupted her once more.

"Karla Camila! I've already told you it's alright! Let's get pass it! Ok?" Sinuhe said in a now authoritative tone of voice and Camila looked down at the floor embarrassingly while nodding. "You're twenty-one years old, I'm not who decides what you do in your life anymore... Not even if you have... Something with Lauren in the bathroom."

Both Lauren and Camila couldn't help it but laugh at the last sentence. Sinuhe was trying to keep it serious but she couldn't either. That situation had been indeed hilarious.

"Just... Don't repeat it while I'm at home, please. It's uncomfortable to be cooking and listening to weird noises... Especially from my daughter." Sinuhe told them.

"We're sorry, Sinu..." Lauren talked for the first time.

"Yeah... I forgive you... But you Miss Lauren... You're older, you need to be responsible, huh?" Sinuhe pointed her index finger on Lauren's face playfully. Well, not completely playfully but half playfully.

"I swear I tried to stop her from doing anything but she was just insisting and..." Lauren started confessing but Camila immediately looked at her with a shocking look on her face.

"Hey! Don't try to make it look like it's all my fault!" Camila exclaimed madly.

"I'm not! But you were the one who..." Lauren was ready to defend herself but Sinuhe placed herself in the middle of them, stopping them from arguing about something so pointless.

"Girls! Girls! You can continue that while walking to the car and driving to the supermarket..." Sinuhe said while pushing both of them towards the door. "Here's some money... See you later!"

Sinuhe handed the money to Camila before opening the door for the two girls who kept arguing while walking out of the door. That scene was worthy of a romantic comedy.

Camila and Lauren left the house and Sinuhe closed the door before taking a deep breath and breaking into laughs.

"Those two can be really unsupportable..." Sinuhe thought to herself while shaking her head and heading to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, babe..." Lauren kept apologizing Camila while pouting at her with her hands on Camila's thigh. "Talk to me! Babe!"

Camila was driving to the store and even though Lauren had been apologizing to her during all the trip about blaming her in front of Sinuhe for the bathroom scene, Camila didn't say a word to her. She wasn't necessarily mad. She loved to tease Lauren and make her beg for her sorry. It was definitely funny.

"Camila! Babe!" Lauren kept mumbling Camila's name like a little kid. "Fine." she finally said before leaning her back against the seat and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Are you done already?" Camila asked Lauren without taking her eyes off the road.

"Oh! Look! It's a miracle! She said something!" Lauren exclaimed ironically.