Chapter 26

"We're gonna miss our flight! Get out of that room!" Camila yelled from the living room while taking the last bags to the door.

"I'm coming! Wait!" Lauren yelled back at her.

"I've been waiting for the past twenty minutes, Lauren!" Camila complained "And we only have about one hour!"

"We can make it!" Lauren told her as she entered the living room, carrying lots of little bags on her arms. "And can you please stop yelling and help me?"

Camila rolled her eyes before running towards her and grabbing two bags from Lauren's hands, carrying them towards the others.

"Finally!" Camila sighed deeply "Now let's go!"

"Yeah... Let's do this!" Lauren said with a big smile on her face before wrapping her arms around Camila's waist and leaving a peek on her lips. "I can't wait for this trip. I can't wait for you to meet my family. I can't wait."

"I can't wait either..." Camila told her sincerely. "I can't wait either."

"Shit... I missed breathing Miami's air..." Lauren said as she took a deep breath before wrapping her arm around Camila's neck and pulling her closer.

"Same... Fucking same..." Camila agreed with a tiny smile on her face.

It had been a few months since both of them had been there for the last time and being there again with each other was a great feeling.

Lauren was feeling a little bit nervous and so was Camila who was meeting Lauren's family for the first time.

That was a big deal for both of them. They had assumed their relationship publicly and now both of their families were going to be together along with them... As a couple. An official couple. When you take your partner to meet your parents, that's when you know shit just got real. And shit was getting really real.

"There it is!" Camila exclaimed as they started walking away from the main door.

"What?" Lauren asked her confusingly.

"C'mon!" Camila simply said before holding Lauren's hand and pulling her towards a dark blue car.

"Mom!!!" Camila yelled as soon as she opened the back door of the car.

"Karla!" Sinuhe exclaimed while Camila threw herself inside the car and hugged her mom and also her little sister and her father.

Lauren was watching the whole scene from outside the car with a tender smile on her face. She didn't know Camila's family was going to pick them up from the airport. Camila was happy so she was more than happy.

"Lauren! Hi!" Alejandro greeted Lauren "Come in!"

"Oh! Hi! Sure!" Lauren nodded, showing them a gentle smile.

"How are you?" Sinuhe asked while pulling Lauren for a weird hug since Sinuhe was sitting on the passenger's side of the car and Lauren was entering in the back side of it.

"I'm fine now that I'm finally here!" Lauren told her "What about you? How have you been?"

"I'm happy! My sister is here and I missed her a lot!" Sofia promptly informed her with a big smile on her face with her arms wrapped around Camila's neck before leaving a kiss on her cheek.

"That's right! Now you can enjoy a few days with her... Isn't that amazing?" Lauren questioned with a tender smile on her face before slightly tickling her on her belly with her fingertips.

"More than amazing!" Sofia agreed while giggling.

"We've been doing fine... Always missing our big baby but now that she's here we really wanted to enjoy our time with her!" Sinuhe told Lauren before glancing at Camila and showing her a tiny smile.