Chapter 14

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Camila, happy birthday to you..." Camila's sleep was being disturbed by a sweet voice which was getting louder and louder and which was repeating the same thing over and over again. But it wasn't only a voice, it was something or better, someone sitting and slightly jumping on top of her.

Camila slowly started to open her eyes turning her head to see a smiley Ally waving at her.

"Hello, hello birthday girl!" Ally greeted her with a gentle tone of voice. "Happy birthday!"

"Huh... Good morning!" Camila mumbled after yawning. "Thanks!"

"Now get your ass up and let's get ready for a good day..." Ally winked at her before getting up from Camila's body and walking to the mirror placed on a corner of the room, putting some pink lipstick on. "C'mon! Hurry Up!" she said looking at Camila who was still on the bed.

"Alright, alright!" Camila sighed before stuggling to sit down on the bed and started looking for her slippers under the bed.

"It's already 12 p.m., shouldn't they be here already?" Lauren asked Vero impatiently while looking at her watch.

"Calm down, Laur... See? Their flight has just landed so they're probably picking their bags right now and they'll be here soon..." Vero tried to calm her down while pointing at the flights' panel and showing her the flight had arrived.

"Oh my God, I'm so nervous..." Lauren admited while trying to catch her breath.

"No shit!" Vero said playfully and Lauren rolled her eyes at Veronica's comment.

"Look, isn't it them over there?" Lauren asked Vero while looking on a short woman, a gray haired man and a little girl's direction.

"I think so..." Vero nodded while following Lauren's eyes before looking back at Lauren "Let's go!" she grabbed Lauren's arm pulling her towards the family.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cabello? Sofia?" Vero asked them as soon as they approached to them and they immediately nodded with a gentle smile on their faces. Sofia's was both gentle and shy. "Welcome to Italy!"

"Happy birthday Mila!" Normani yelled at Camila as soon as she saw her sitting next to Ally on the hotel's esplanade.

"Girl!!! Happy birthday!" Dinah was right behind Normani and they both walked to Camila who stood up to receive a hug from them.

"Thank you, power couple!" Camila thanked them and both blushed at the nickname.

"Are y'all already hungry? Because I am and I wanna try the food in here." Ally told them.

"Wait... Shouldn't we wait for Lauren or something? Where's she?" Camila asked Ally with a worrying look on her face.

"Lauren... She... Well, Vero came earlier this morning and took Lauren to some place she wanted her to visit or something..." Ally lied as she saw Camila's smile die. Ally knew about the surprise and so did Normani and Dinah. Camila was the only one aware of that special gift. "But she'll be back later... Don't worry!" Ally tried to comfort her.

"I guess it's alright... She hasn't seen Vero in six years and I'm just her new guitarist so..." Camila mumbled sadly and the others felt so sorry they almost told her the truth but they couldn't. "Let's have lunch!" she said with a fake smile on her face. She was really good at faking smiles because it almost looked like she was happier than ever.

"Sir?" Normani called one of the hotel's employers. "Good afternoon! Can we order something for lunch?"

"Sure! What are you ladies going to want?" the man asked them with a gentle smile on his face as he took off his notebook so her could note their orders.