Chapter 25

"This pizza is way too good..." Camila mumbled after biting a little piece from a slice of the pizza she had asked for.

Camila and Lauren were at a fancy restaurant in New York. One of the most expensive ones but also one with the best views. They were sitting on a table placed outside the restaurant, at this huge balcony decorated with lots of candles and flowers. From there they could watch every movement from the huge city and all the lights and tall buildings.

There were lots of other couples having dinner there too. Lauren was having fun while looking around and analyzing everyone near her.

She was watching the couples and thinking about what they were there for... Some of them would probably be there for business reasons, the others were probably enjoying their first date... Or maybe the last one. Destiny fucks everyone up sometimes. That could be the last date for some of them and they didn't even know that yet.

That could also be a first date for a few couples in there where everything started and it would only get even better after that. Lauren loved to analyze people, read their faces, their expressions, try to figure what they were thinking about, penetrating their souls and getting to know at least one of the person's characteristics. Maybe it sounded a little creepy but Lauren did like it.

She was taken away from her thoughts when she listened to Camila's voice moaning while eating her pizza and telling her how good it tasted.

"I agree with you... Definitely!" Lauren agreed while taking another bite from her piece of pizza. "This view is wonderful... This place is beautiful!" Lauren complimented the restaurant and its location sincerely. "How come I haven't found this restaurant before? Thank you for choosing such an amazing place..."

"Feel honored... When I'm the one making plans, we always end up eating at McDonalds or something..." Camila told Lauren.

"McDonalds? Seriously?" Lauren asked her while laughing.

"Well, maybe I was exaggerating but... Yeah, you got it. I usually mess up." Camila explained.

"It's cute when you mess up..." Lauren confessed and Camila slightly blushed.

"I'm glad I chose it." Camila winked at her. "This is like my favorite restaurant ever so bringing you here was definitely the right choice."

"I'm glad too..." Lauren agreed before both of them started laughing.

"I can't wait to see what's so special about this dessert..." Lauren told Camila who had a tiny smirk on her face.

Both of them had finished dinner a few minutes before and Camila had already asked for their "secret" dessert. She had told Lauren she was going to be the one picking it because she wanted it to be a surprise for Lauren... Weird, right? Well, it was actually because her plan of giving Lauren the plane tickets included the dessert time and she had to make up some excuse.

"You'll see..." Camila winked at her who was looking at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Camz..." Lauren mumbled suspiciously.

"What?" Camila questioned trying to hide her smirk. "Oh, look, it's coming!" she pointed at the waiter who was walking towards them with a tray on his hands covered with a metallic lid.

The waiter stopped in front of their table and placed the tray in front of Lauren who had a confusing look on her face.

"Camila? Where's yours? And why is my dessert covered with a metallic lid? What the fuck?" Lauren questioned Camila who giggled.

"Open it!" Camila exclaimed as she watched Lauren uncover the tray with both of her hands.

As soon as she uncovered it, she found it weird that there was nothing there but two pieces of rectangular papers.