Chapter 6

"This is so big and it's gonna be full of people..." Camila said as soon as they entered the venue where the show was goning to take place that night "Now I'm scared."

"Don't. It'll be fine." Lauren tried to comfort Camila who smiled at Lauren's words.

"Lauren they need you to go on stage for the soundcheck!" Ally interrupted them and apologized to Camila for having to take Lauren away from her.

Camila sat down on a chair from the audience and started looking around. She was so happy to be there. She was going to perform for so many people. Being there had always been her biggest dream.

Suddenly her phone started ringing and she smiled as soon as she saw "Mom" written on the screen.

"Hi mom!!!" Camila yelled as soon as she answered the call.

"Hello hija, how are you?" Camila's mom asked her.

"I'm fine! More than fine! I'm currently sitting on one of the chairs from the venue where the show is happening tonight and this is huge... I'm so excited!" Camila immediately told her.

"Me, your father and Sofia are so proud of you!" her mom said "I hope you do great tonight... I know you will!"

"Thank you mom!" Camila thanked her sincerely.

"I'm picking Sofi up from school now but I'll call you later for you to tell me how it went, ok?" Camila's mom informed her.

"Ok!" Camila said.

"Good luck for tonight, I love you!" she always made sure Camila knew that.

"Bye mom! I love you too and I miss you a lot!" Camila finally said with a sad smile on her face as she hung up the phone.

A few seconds after Lauren's voice filled the place and Camila forgot about everything else.
Lauren's voice was raspy and relaxing and Camila loved it.
Before she knew she was going to be Lauren's new guitarist she was a big fan of hers. She wasn't her number one fan, she didn't have a fan account on the social media but she used to listen to Lauren's songs everyday and it was more than a blessing to be there that day.

"Camila we need you now!" Ally called Camila from near the stage and Camila got up from the chair, walking towards Ally.

"What am I supposed to do?" Camila asked Ally.

"They need to check on how Lauren sounds along with the guitar so go up on stage and play "Blind"." Ally informed Camila.

"Alright!" Camila said and as soon as she was on stage she grabbed her guitar and walked to her place.

"3, 2, 1 go!" a man who was standing in front of the stage announced as Camila started playing.

Lauren was standing a few metres away from Camila and she was also practising her coreography because during some parts of the songs Lauren was going to dance along with Dinah and Normani.
Then Lauren started singing and the only sound they could hear inside that room was Lauren's voice along with the guitar's sound.

Camila started walking towards Lauren without taking her hands off the guitar and stopped next to her.

Lauren noticed Camila there and turned around so she could be able to be face to face with her.
Camila was playing the guitar and Lauren was singing. Camila's eyes were looking right into Lauren's eyes. The connection was there.