Chapter 15

It was already 10 p.m. and the night was beautiful. The sky was clean and the stars were all there, shining for the people who were willing to watch them giving their own little show during the night.

Camila and Lauren were slowly walking through the street in silence. Camila had her hands inside her pockets and half of her head was hiding inside the scarf she was wearing. Lauren was next to her and since they had left the restaurant she had probably looked at Camila about a thousand times waiting for her to say something.

"For how long more are we going to be walking down this street?" Lauren suddenly broke the silence what made Camila stop.

"I was just... Thinking... Thinking while being involved by the darkness of the night and the stars is pretty nice." Camila told her.

"I know... I do that lots of times." Lauren gently smile at her.

"Look Lauren, I... I don't know how to thank you for what you did tonight. It was more than I could've ever expected." Camila started "I can't believe I have them with me again. I can't believe you actually brought them here to celebrate my birthday with me after two years of missing my birthdays. I'll forever be thankful to you for this. If I liked you before now I like you even more and I didn't even think that was possible." Camila giggled before realizing what she had just admited but she kept going even though she started blushing. "You've become so important to me even though we don't know each other for like long years... But I feel like we actually know each other for longer years than those long years I was talking about, does that even makes sense? It's a strange feeling but it feels so good at the same time. You're like... Home? Is that possible? That I feel like I'm home when I'm with you? I feel like myself, I feel like I don't need to be someone I'm not around you and after so many times I felt like I wasn't enough, I feel like I'm finally good enough and I want to also thank you for bringing me that feeling. I remember doubting you and asking myself if it was worthy to try to get into your world. I didn't know if the image I had of you was real but man, those doubts were gone a long ago. You're one of the most fascinating and caring human being I've ever met and I really like you... Thank you for bringing my parents and my sister here. It meant so much to me. But also thank you for letting me in because I'm loving it in here. You're a great friend Lauren, an amazing person. Now that you showed me the ice covering your heart is starting to melt, don't let it freeze again. I like this Lauren more than I like pizza... And you know how much I like pizza."

"I... I don't really know what to say..." Lauren said after a few seconds of silence. Lauren was in shock. "Camila, I..."

"Oh, fuck it!" Camila interrupted whatever Lauren was about to say and leaned in pressing her lips against Lauren's while wrapping her arms around Lauren's neck.

Lauren was caught by surprise so she didn't react at first but a few seconds after she wrapped her arms around Camila's waist pulling her even closer. Camila slightly opened her mouth giving Lauren's tongue permission to touch Camila's. Lauren who had before took time to reciprocate the kiss was now dominating it by exploring every corner inside Camila's mouth with her tongue and intercalating between bitting her top lip and her bottom lip.

Lauren's hands were slowly moving through Camila's back, leaving little squeezes there sometimes. One of Camila's hands was wrapped around Lauren's neck and the other one migrated to Lauren's hair where she interlaced her fingers.

Lauren's lips were soft and fleshy and Camila was loving the feeling of having them against hers.

That kiss lasted for at least two minutes before Camila got out of breath and finished the kiss with three quick pecks on her lips. She leaned her forehead against Lauren's and they stayed like that for a little bit. They were looking into each other's eyes and both were still breathing heavily. While the emerald green was mixing with the chocolate brown a connection was being stablished. Once again. But now it was even stronger.