Chapter 28

Sadaf's POV

"Hanifa was asking about you." Shayan said. He was at the London office today because he had to attend an important meeting. Mrs Akram was left in charge in Bristol.

"Oooh you seen her lately?" I said to Shayan with a smirk. I was aware that they both had become quite close.

"Yeah before I came here." He scratched his eyebrow as he blushed slightly.

"Aww that's cute. So are you two officially together now?" I asked Shayan.

"Yeah I'd like to think so." Shayan replied.

"I'm so happy for both of you." I said as a smile grew on my face. Shayan's a good guy and Hanifa needs someone like him in her life.

"What are you happy about?" I turned to see Yusuf approaching my desk.

"That him and Hanifa are together now." I said.

"Maybe we can double date now." Shayan joked.

"With who?" I asked acting oblivious to what he was suggesting.

"You two, I can see what's going on." Shayan said.

"We're taking out time to get know each other right now." Yusuf told Shayan.

"It going to happen. I know it. I see the way you look at each other. I also know that Yusuf is not going to give up." Shayan's smile grew as he said this.

"I'm getting there with her. I know it's going to be hard." Yusuf said.

"Okay I'm right here. I think we should get back to work." I said.

"Haha okay, let's go bro." Shayan said while standing up. Yusuf was staring at me. He slowly started walking back and then gave me a wink before he left.

These past days have been so special for me. Yusuf had seemed to do something to me. Whenever I'm with him, he makes me forget every other care on the world. I'm actually able to let go and do what pleases me. I still get scared though. I have thoughts after if what I'm doing is right or wrong, the consequences and I also think it won't happen again. But, when I'm with him I lose all control of myself. I never thought anyone would make me feel this way. I've been so stubborn with myself over the years, I wouldn't let myself feel. Yusuf does something to me and all that goes out of the window. I don't know how he does it.

Yusuf's POV

I had a birthday dinner with my family and Sadaf, in the evening. My mum made all my favourite dishes. I was sat with my parents in the lounge. Sadaf had taken Nona to her room. She'd been there for a while, so I thought I'd check on what was going on.

"I see the way Yusuf looks at you my dear." I heard Nona's voice when I was approaching her bedroom door. I stopped and stood by the door. I had to ease drop on this conversation. I haven't been sure of how Sadaf feel about me. Maybe, I could find out now.

"Nona it's nothing." I heard Sadaf reply.

"No I see it, but I also see that something is holding you back. You seem reserved." Nona said.

"I'm just not used to all this." Sadaf seemed abrupt with her answers.

"What's holding you back? On occasions I've noticed pain in your eyes."

"I think it's because I've had a complicated life."

"What's happened to make you like this? Yusuf told me your mother is single, but you don't seem to talk about your dad. In fact when the family is together I see you watching and you seem lost in thoughts." Nona was taking this conversation deeper.