Chapter 16

Sadaf's POV

"Finally we're having our much needed catch up." I said to Hanifa. We found some time to meet up in the evening after I finished work. We decided to have dinner together at some restaurant.

"I know girl. I haven't seen you since you started work. How's it going though?" She asked.

"It's good so far. Not as bad as I thought it would be." I replied.

"Yeah I can see how good it's going from your snapchat pictures a few weeks ago." Oh here we go again.

"It was a work party at the beach and we're all friends now." I told her.

"Is it?! So you don't like him in that way?" She asked. Where is all this coming from?!

"Hanifa, he's my boss. That would be wrong." I said, not so convincingly. Besides him being my boss, it would never happen because look at me and look at him. He would never go for a girl like me and can't allow myself to be with anyone yet. I think I'm convincing myself now.

"Are you sure it's just that?" Hanifa asked. I nodded in return.

"Okay I'm hungry, let's see what's on the menu. I missed lunch so I can eat properly with you." I said changing the topic.

"Omds same, I'm so hungry now." She replied letting out a chuckle. At that moment she froze and turned wide eyed.

"Hanifa what's wrong?" I asked worried.

"Okay Sadaf don't look back but i think your boss just came into the restaurant with some guy... Shit they're walking towards us."
She said while she kept glancing up at them.

"You serious?" I asked. She nodded. At that moment I felt someone stood by me. I looked up to see Shayan stood there with a smirk. Oh god he's up to something.

"Sadaf! You come here too?" Shayan said. He kept glancing over at Hanifa who had her eyes glued to both Shayan and Yusuf.

"Yeah, you here for dinner too?" I asked.

"Yeah, me and Yusuf weren't in the mood to cook. Aren't you going to introduce me to you friend?" He said looking straight at Hanifa and giving his charming smile.

"Shayan, this is Hanifa, and Hanifa this is Shayan and you know Yusuf." I introduced them. Hanifa gave a little wave to Yusuf and shook hands with Shayan.

"Yusuf's met her already? Where was I?" Shayan asked. Still keeping a slightly cheeky smirk on his face.

"Yeah we met him at a cafe. He was there on his lunch break." Hanifa replied for me.

"You just arrived here?" Yusuf finally spoke.

"Yeah do you two want to join us?" Hanifa asked. Why did she just do that?

"Oh no we don't want to disturb you."
Yusuf said. I was a little relieved until Hanifa spoke up again.

"Oh no your not disturbing. I insist you join us." She said.

"Are you sure?" Yusuf asked. This time looking at me.

"Yeah of course." I said with a smile. I can't be rude and say no now can I?! Shayan took a seat by Hanifa across the table. Of course he would do that. Yusuf came and sat by me.

"So were you here for any special reason?" Shayan asked after he took a seat.

"No Hanifa just missed my face." I joked.

"And you missed mine just as much." Hanifa responded. I let out a soft chuckle.

"Tell me about yourself beautiful?" He said looking at Hanifa.