Louis

Chapter 19

Louis

The day couldn't pass fast enough. Instead the hours dragged by, the seconds echoing in my ear as I waited for them to count down to six o'clock so I could see Ronnie again. I was agitated, irritable and impatient the whole day until Harry finally took pity on me and pulled me to the side. 

"What are you still doing here?" he asked as I checked my phone for the time yet again. 

"What?" 

"Get out of here, I can tell you're itching to leave." 

"Brian will go mad if I leave now," I said, glancing over at the choreographer who was helping Niall with the steps. 

"Don't worry, I'll cover for you. Brian loves me," Harry answered with a grin, pushing me towards the dressing rooms whilst shielding me with his body. "Have fun tonight," he said over his shoulder, but the way he said it, insinuating something, had me rolling my eyes whilst I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. I didn't know what was going to happen tonight, but I was excited to find out. 

Rushing through the corridors of the building, I burst out the back door into the fading sunlight and aimed straight for my car, hoping there weren't any cameras around. I didn't want them following me to Ronnie's house, covering the media and hounding her before I was even sure what this was between us. I couldn't have her scared away before it had even begun, or have the whole thing blown out of proportion. 

Once in the car I shoved my sunglasses onto my face, knowing that it wouldnt make that much of a difference, but every little helped after all. Luckily the road behind me remained quiet and I was able to drive in peace round to Ronnie's house, my eyes constantly scanning around me for any photographers or press. The road remained quiet, just a mother with her young child walking down the street. I stayed in the car until they had passed, about to open the door when out of the corner of my eye I saw Ronnie's front door swing open, Laura and Katherine stepping out with smiles on their faces, followed by Ronnie. My smile widened as I watched the three of them, Ronnie leaning against the door frame in a floral summer dress that grazed the tops of her bare knees, her long legs crossed at the ankles and her feet bare. She hadn't done anything with her hair today, instead it just fell all around her shoulders, swaying slightly as she moved. 

"You're a little early, aren't you champ?" A strong Irish voice interrupted my thoughts and I jumped, taking my eyes off Ronnie to look at Laura, standing next to my open window with laughter in her eyes. 

"We got let off early from rehearsal," I said quickly, bending the truth slightly so I didn't look stalkerish or obsessed. 

"Sure you are ducky. We were just heading out for the night, you two lovebirds have a good time now," Katherine said with a knowing look in her dark eyes, winking at me before looping her arm through Laura's and leading her off down the road, turning round and waving at Ronnie quickly as she did so. 

I watched them go for a moment before I heard another chuckle. Ronnie had come to stand by the window, smiling down at me with shining eyes. 

"You gonna stay in the car all evening or do you fancy coming in?" she said softly, as though there was a possibility that I would choose the first option. She stepped out of the way as I opened the door before placing her arms around my neck and hugging me. “It’s good to see you.”

“You too. How have you been?” I asked as she pulled away, my hand capturing hers and holding it as I locked the car and walked with her into the house, the warmth of her skin comforting to me.

“Fine. How were rehearsals?” She said, closing the door behind me and leading me through a huge foyer and into a living room, bigger than my entire flat and definitely more expensively decorated.