(282): Chilly (Wasabi) (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"Of course," he answers. He follows you.

You hand him a steaming mug. "It's still hot. I had just finished making it when you knocked."

"Thank you," he says sweetly. He blows on the mug, trying to cool it.

"And I have pumpkin bread and Halloween cookies over here," you inform him as you walk to the table. "They're not homemade. I can't cook these kind of things very well. I attempted to make the pumpkin bread, but. . ." You jerk your head towards the small trashcan, where Wasabi can see black crumbles sitting on top of paper plates and papers. "That's how that turned out."

Wasabi laughs. "This is perfect. You really shouldn't of gone all out like this."

"Hey, I told you fall is my favorite season, and you're my favorite person, so I had to." Wasabi blushes, watching you grab two paper plates off of the countertop. "But before we eat, we've got to go outside."

"And do what?" He asks.

"Sit back. Drink our cider and talk." You shrug.

"Okay. . ."

You lead Wasabi to the back of your apartment building and sit on the bench that faces the street. The two of you silently sip your cider, enjoying the cool air. Wasabi can't help but admit that this is actually pretty fun. He likes having quiet, easy days as a break from being a superhero.

You let out a quiet sigh. Wasabi looks over at you. "What is it?" He asks.

"Nothing," you assure him. "It's just that I miss having a yard. I miss being able to rake up all of the leaves in one giant pile and then jumping into it." You shrug. "It's stupid, I know, but I just miss it."

"It's not stupid. It's a little weird, you know, cleaning up your entire yard to just mess it up again, but it's not stupid." He smiles at you.

You laugh softly, your eyes on his. "Well, thanks."

"You're welcome," He says, taking his last sip of cider. You look away, watching the birds fly across the cloudy sky. Wasabi wants to tell you how he feels right now. It feels so right to, and he honestly can't stand keeping it from you. The two of you have been close friends since your first year at SFIT. What started out as a crush ended up being something much, much stronger. Wasabi opens his mouth and starts spilling his thoughts out before he can stop himself. "I'm in love with you," He states.

You turn your head to look at him. "You're what?"

"I'm in love with you, ___. I have been for a while now. I was afraid to tell you because I don't know how you'd respond. I love the way you dress and act and how much you go out of your way to help people. . . I love the way you talk about fall, or anything, really. I love everything about you." He stops, his cheeks burning as the awkward silence lulls on. "___, aren't you going to say something-"

You don't say anything. Instead, you set your mug down on the empty space beside you and you reach up and grab his face. Gently, you pull him closely until your lips meet his. He automatically kisses you back, one hand under your chin, the other touching your waist. You pull back, a smile on your face as you breathlessly tell him, "Wasabi, no one has ever said anything like that to me. I love you, too. Everything about you."

He smiles. "Kind of makes me wish I would've said something sooner."

"I like that you said something now," you say, blushing. "It makes fall so much more special."

Wasabi kisses you again, both of his arms wrapping tightly around you.

"Maybe we should go in," you suggest. "It's getting kind of chilly. We still have pumpkin bread and cookies. I also rented horror movies. Do you like them?"

He bites his lip. "Uh. . . well. . . I, uh. . . tend to get scared. A lot."

You laugh. "Don't worry. I'm right here if you get too scared."

He sighs. "I could possibly be the lamest guy ever."

You shake your head and stand up. "Not at all. You're the best boyfriend ever."

"Boyfriend?" He asks, a huge smile on his face.

"I hope so," you say. "We didn't just kiss twice and say 'I love you' because we were best friends, did we?"

"It's just so hard to believe," he explains, "that you're my girlfriend."

You lean down and wrap your arms around Wasabi's neck. You touch your forehead to his, smiling when you feel his hands on your waist. "Believe it," you say, pressing your lips to his. "I love you."

"I love you."