"Sure as in you will let me take you out?" His smile grows.

"Yea, why not?" I reply.

"Tonight then?" He asks.

"Yea, tonight is good." I don't think tonight is a good idea seeing as I have studying to make up for but I am still ahead despite the fact that I have missed a few classes this week.

"Awesome, I will be here at seven, yea?"

"Okay." I tell him and he brings his lip between his perfect teeth.

"See you tonight beautiful." he says and I flush, waving goodbye as he leaves the room.

It is four now, I have three hours until he will be back. I blow dry my hair and curl the ends and to my surprise it looks really good. I apply light makeup and put one of my new outfits, a pair of dark jeans, a white tank top and a long brown cardigan. My nerves are getting the best of me as I stare into the mirror. Maybe I should change? I put on a blue tank top and a button up shirt. I can't believe I am going on a date with Zed, I have had one boyfriend in my entire life and now I am going on a date with Zed after all this mess with Hardin. Maybe guys with tattoos and piercings are my new type?

I pull out my old copy of Pride and Prejudice and begin to read to pass the time. What seems like just minutes later, there is a knock at the door. I know it must be Zed because Hardin wouldn't knock. he would rudely barge in and throw my stuff all over the place.

When I open the door I can't help but gape at Zed. He is dressed in tight black jeans, white sneakers, and a t-shirt with a cut off jean jacket on. He looks so hot.

"You look beautiful Tessa." He greets me and hands me a flower. A flower? I am surprised and flattered by his simple gift.

"Thank you" I smile and bring the flower to my nose.

"Are you ready?" He asks politely.

"Yes, where are you taking me?" I ask him as we walk outside.

"I figured we would just go to dinner and a movie, just a casual date, no pressure." he beams. I reach for the passenger door handle but he stops me.

"I was going to do that for you." He says.

"Oh. Thanks." I am still nervous but not my nerves are fading. When we get into the car he keeps the radio off and makes small talk, asking about my family and my plans after college. He tells me how he is going to WSU for environmental science, which surprises but intrigues me. We arrive at a casual café style restaurant and we sit out on the patio. We order our meals and we continue chatting until the food comes. Zed eats all of his food and begins to steal fries off of my plate.

"If you take another fry I will have to kill you." I tease. He gives me a mock innocent look and laughs with his tongue between his teeth. I find myself laughing for what seems like ages, and it feels great.

"You have an adorable laugh." He compliments and I roll my eyes.

We end up going to see a cheesy comedy that fails to entertain either of us. We make small jokes to each other during the  movie and he puts his hand over mine towards the end. It's not uncomfortable like I had assumed that it would be but it doesn't feel the same as when Hardin does it. I made it hours without even thinking of him and I am glad. He consumes my thoughts every day, all day. When Zed drops me off back at my room is it eleven, I am glad it is Wednesday, only two more days until the weekend. He gets out of the car and walks over to me as I adjust my purse on my waist.

"I had a really nice time, thank you for agreeing to come out with me." he tells me.

"I had a nice time too." I smile.