History

This weeks shoutout goes to @ottiliahoglund! Thanks for the comments, xx.

Hope you all enjoy the chapter, much love.

*

Jaycee's POV

I tap my nails against the desk, as another day of history passes by. Mr. Crepson is standing in front of the class, giving another lesson about something we've learned about thousands of times before.

I glance up at the clock, and notice the time. 10 more minutes until this class is over, and I can finally read the letter that's been on my mind since yesterday.

"Now, before you leave," Mr. Crepson starts, causing me to sigh aloud, "I think I should let you all know i'm assigning a senior project." That caused a bunch of groans, including one from me. "But, i'm giving you partners, which should take some of the stress away."

Mr. Crepson calls through the list of partners - one boy and one girl in each pair. "Last but not least, Jaycee Collins and Niall Horan."

My eyes grow wide, and I turn to look at him. He's wearing the same expression as me, eyes wide of fear and cheeks red with embarrassment.

"I'm not switching partners, so don't ask." Mr.Crepson says sternly, eyeing the classroom. "Now, your project is to pick a city, and do your project on that. However, you must choose an era. For example, the 1970's."

I mentally curse at Mr. Crepson for pairing me with Niall, out of all people. The bell rings shortly after, and I throw my bag over my shoulder. I hurry out the door, anxious to get to the supply closet.

"Jaycee?" A voice says from behind me, causing me to jump.

"Niall," I said, my hand flying over my chest, "you scared me."

"Sorry," he says, cheeks growing red. "where ya headed?"

"Ummm," his eyebrow shoots up, "i'm not sure, actually."

"Oh," he says easily, "skipping lunch?"

"Not hungry."

"Me either."

"That's a first." I mumble under my breath, which causes him to laugh. "So, about this history project.."

"Yeah," He says, running his fingers through his hair, "I can't believe we were paired together."

"I know," I chuckle, "weird."

"Yeah, um, I don't have football practices on Wednesday's, so do you want to meet up and start?"

"Perfect." I smile, "meet me at Jerry's? 3:30?"

"Fine by me," he smiles, "but, I gotta go. The guys are waiting." I nod and bid him goodbye before escaping into the closet, when I was 100% positive nobody was around. And to my surprise, no letter was waiting for me to read.

And I knew, I messed everything up...

again.

*

I take in a deep breath as I knock on the door to my father's office. "Come in," I open the door and my father smiles softly, "hey pumpkin."

"Hey daddy," I say, smiling, "are you busy?"

"It can wait," he says, "what's up?"

"I have a question..." I trail off, playing with my hair.

"Ask away," he says as I sit in the chair across from him.

"How did you and mom meet?" My dad forms his lips into a thin line, when he glances over, and takes a long look at the picture of him and my mother, on their wedding day, placed in a black picture frame.

"We had always known each other. We used to be neighbors, and our mums were friends. We were best friends, did everything together. She was my first kiss, did you know?" He chuckles,

"When we were 9, we promised we'd marry each other. When we were 14, we started drifting apart. She was into boy-bands, with boobs and long blonde hair, and I was into rockets with acne and braces. Well, anyway, when we were 19, and in university, we ran into each other. I can still remember exactly what she was wearing - jeans, black boots and a white t-shirt. She was wearing a  leather jacket that looked amazing on her and bright red lipstick. I had ditched the braces and cleared up the acne - I was still into rockets and looked like no movie star. We kept in contact, fell deeper in love, and 5 years later, we were married."

"How did you know you loved her?" I ask, bringing my knees to my chest.

"When the mention of her name brought butterflies to my stomach, when I was counting down the minutes until I got to see her again. When I looked at her with stars in my eyes, letting her know she was the only girl for me - ever." He says, "When she gained 50 pounds, and had swollen feet because she was carrying my baby, and she still looked better than any woman who had ever walked this Earth, well - except for one."

"Who?"

"You." He says, easily. "You remind me more of her everyday. You are so beautiful and smart, she'd be so proud of you, Jaycee."

"Really Daddy?"

"Really baby." He smiles, tears in his eyes. "You know, the only person I have ever loved more than your mother - is you."

"I love you too, Daddy." I smile, giving him a hug. "Mommy would be proud of you, too. You're the best dad in the whole-wide world."

*

ARE U HAPPY. CUTE JAYCEE CHAP. WROTE THIS ON MY PHONE. MY HAND HURTS. LOVE U BYE