Two Different People

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, I was waiting to get more reads! And what did you think about that last chapter, huh? Crazy, right! And Jaycee being in NYC? Wow.

Anyway, shoutout to @unde_niall_able! Thanks for the comment (:

*

Niall's POV

Jaycee isn't here.

She hasn't been here for the past 3 days. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - haven't seen her. Spring break is next week, so, why is she missing all this school? Is she sick? Is she, is she dying?

I walk through the crowded hallways, pushing my way through the people. The late bell for 4th period rang, and I didn't mind. I stay in the hallways, lingering. Once all the students went into their classrooms, I make my way to the supply closet. Like always, the door was unlocked, and like always, I look underneath the stack of paper. And not like always, theres no letter. No letter to be picked up, and no letter to be dropped off. I dropped off the letter last Thursday, she had 6 days. 6 days, to write back, and she hadn't. Or, maybe she had, and she hadn't dropped it off, because she's sick, and she hasn't been here.

I shake my head and decide i'm going mad, and since i'm already 10 minutes late to class, I walk out of the closet, out of the school, and into my car.

I drive absentmindedly, to Jerry's. I walk in, sit down at the counter, and hang my head down low.

"Do you need anything?"

I pull my head up, and the owner of the voice, was low and behold, Luke. "Yeah, can I have a Coke, please?" Soon, he returns, with a glass of soda, and places it in front of me.

"Hey," he smiles, "weren't you the boy who came in a couple of weeks ago?"

"And we talked about girls?" I smile, "Yeah, that was me."

"How's the girl, by the way?"

"We, uh," I smile, scratching the back of my neck, "hit a rough patch."

"Gotcha," he nods, wiping down the counter.

"You?" I ask, taking a sip of my drink.

"Well, I finally got it through my thick skull that she didn't like me," he says, "so, I moved on."

"Good for you, man." I smile, "Hey, have you seen that girl Jaycee around? She hasn't been in school."

"Oh, Jaycee," he nods, "she went on vacation."

"Cool, to where?"

"New York City." he says.

*

"This is for you leaving!" I shout, kicking the football across the field.

"This one, is for you not giving me an explanation!" I shout again, kicking another ball.

"And this one, is for not writing back!" I do the same as before.

"And, this one, is for you.." I say, picking up the white and black football, "is for you not loving me!" I punt the ball, and it flies across the field. The rain is pouring down harder now, but I don't mind. My tee-shirt is soaked through all the way, and it begins sticking to my chest. I quickly take it off, letting the rain mix in with the sweat, beating down my face and chest. I run my fingers through my damp hair, and begin wondering if I should retrieve the three balls.

"Good job, Horan."

I turn around quickly, and see Coach standing a couple feet behind me, his arms crossed in front of his chest. The rain has managed to soak him, like it did me, and the wind is making his wind-breaker flap and hit against his chest. "Hey, coach."

"What was that about?" He says, motioning toward the footballs.

"Girl stuff.." I say, embarrassed, "I really wish you didn't see it."

"No, i'm glad I did," he admits, coming closer to me. "you did well, those were three perfectly executed kicks, and the punt at the end? Flawless."

"Well, thanks, Coach." I blush, quite embrassed.

"Everytime we play," he says, "think of that girl. She gets your adrenaline pumping, that's good." I simply nod, "It's always good to have a girl that keeps you on your toes." And with that, he walks away.

There, he leaves me dumbfounded, picking up wet footballs.

And there is also the spot where I realized, if I were Jaycee, I would've done the same thing,

I would've ran away, from.. me.

*

As I lay in bed that night, my legs sore, I come to the realization that I am two different people.

I am Niall Horan, captain of the football team, star player, attractive, popular, ladies man.

And I am 'Yours Truly', a romantic guy, who speaks out of his heart and soul, not letting his conscious say a word. He is a man, who has reached a maturity level, so I can understand the little things. The details in things, and the dreams thousands have dreamed.

I am Niall James Horan at heart, and the sad truth is, i'm pretending to be 'Yours Truly', because that's what Jaycee wants, but I don't think I can do that anymore. And tonight is the night,  I shall write my goodbye.

*

Jaycee loves him, and Niall wants to leave? OH SHIT. DAAAYUMMM.

Comment/vote/follow!

Love you!

Ps, i'm sorry it's short