Daddy's Home

The shoutout for this chapter isn't from a voter/commenter/follower, it's actually to a fellow author! I just finished reading In 27 Days by @HonorInTheRain, and it's uh-may-zing! I Anyway, I suggest her story! It was a 2012 Watty Award winner :)

Ps, this chapter starts when Niall walks her home.

*

Jaycee's POV.

I walked inside the front door, and tip-toed into my bedroom, trying to avoid conversation with my Grandmother. I slipped into the safety of my room, and carefully peeked out of the window, which conveniently over-looks the road in front of my house, the one Niall is still standing on. I watch as he just stands there, hands shoved in his pockets. About 30 seconds later, he turns around and heads down the road. I gape as he walks in the complete opposite direction - he lied to me! He said he was just going to walk me home because his car was parked down here. That means he wanted to walk me home.

I sit down on my bed, and lift my knees to my chest. I press my forehead to my knees, and I can smell Niall's cologne on his hoodie. I smile again at the scent, because it smells so good. I take it off, and carefully place it on my bed. Looking down, I notice the stain on my camisole from the drink Niall accidentally spilled on me, and all I could smell was beer.

After chaning in pajamas, my thoughts raced from different things that happened tonight. I thought back onto my conversation with Niall, and played it back in my head. I mentally cursed myself for acting so stupid at times, like when I asked if we where going to get arrested. But then I smiled, because the Niall Horan kissed me, and hugged me, and walked me home.

*

"Daddy!"

"Pumpkin!" He smiles, opening up his arms. I run into them, not caring how much of a child I look like. He gives me a tight hug, and a quick peck on the top of my head.

"Where is Grandma?" He asks once he picks up his suitcase again.

"She had a doctors appointment, then went to a book club meeting at Mrs. Janet's."

"Ah-ha," He says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "It looks like we have the afternoon to ourselves then, don't we?" I smile and nod, and look up at my father. He was quite taller than me. He doesn't have a beard, but he does have some stubble around his chin. His hair was dark, and pushed to one side, with a few gray hairs popping in. His eyes were a pretty, blue, and I was very jealous of them. I'm honestly quite surprised he hasn't dated anyone over all the years that my mom has been passed.

"How was New York?" I ask him once we are seated in the car.

"Great," He says, starting the car. "I want to take you there though, there are some amazing museums and a really great, family-owned coffee-house there that I found, it's called Mama's Coffeehouse."

"Cool. Maybe during spring break we can go?"

"That would be perfect, pumpkin!" He smiles to me, before we head off onto the highway. Until now, I don't really think I realized how much I missed my dad. I mean, I have always been a daddy's girl.