The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}9

Chapter 9

The Unspoken truth- All my efforts to conceal the truth were ruined…

It was now Wednesday and English class had just finished. Ms Fletcher hadn’t even given me a second glance and I was getting extremely suspicious with her sudden change in attitude towards me.

I knew it was now lunch and I had told Meghann I would find her. I was now on my way towards my music class with something eagerly nibbling at the back of my mind, something I was fretting to tell Cole, something that could ruin everything… But no, I wasn’t going to do that, I was going to try and delay it as much as I could.

‘Hi.’ I smiled as I walked in and saw Cole with a book in his hands.

‘Hello there.’ He smiled back as he placed a bookmark in between the pages and put the book down. His extremely appealing smile brought back my earlier fears and worries… Don’t do this Avery, forget, forget, forget! I kept trying to tell myself.

‘Watcha’ reading now?’ I asked as I walked up to his desk and picked up his book.

‘The Scarlet Letter… nice. I read the start of that book and got bored so I never finished it.’ I said truthfully.

‘It’s an amazing book. If you gave it a chance then you would be pleasantly surprised.’ He said as I went and sat in his lap. He began to spin a piece of my hair between his fingers.

‘Maybe.’ I said as my eyes met his chocolate brown ones.

‘You’re beautiful.’ He said softly.

I blushed under his gaze and his words. ‘You’re just bias.’ I said.

He chuckled ‘Be that as it may, you’re still beautiful Avery.’ He whispered as I felt his warm breath against my ear and I gave a slight shiver. Damn him, damn his good looks and his godly personality.

‘I love you.’ is all I replied with as he leaned in and kissed me. One of his hands instantly tangled into my hair as the other one held my back. As for my hands, they were wrapped around his neck as the kiss was very intimate and soft. He then lifted me up and placed me on top of his table as he stood up, making us even in height. He broke the kiss as we were both short of breath but instead simply placed soft kisses down my neck and then near my ear. When our lips met once again, it was a more intense kiss which turned into a French one.

His touch made everything bad go away. Simple as that.

My cold hands went under his shirt. I instantly felt his hard abs as I felt him shiver against me. I smiled into the kiss.

‘Cole- What is this?!’ I heard a voice ask as their tone completely changed. Cole and I immediately separated as we both looked at the source of the sound.

Crap.

‘Bullocks.’ I heard Cole curse under his breath.

‘I’m going to repeat that, what is this? Or better yet, what’s going on?!’ Principal Maletos spoke. He didn’t even sound angry, but more flushed and very, very pale. It looked as though he was about to faint.

‘Jim… oh god. What a-are you doing here?’ Cole asked as he nervously stuttered.

‘I just came here to actually see you about Avery. Someone, I’m not saying who, hinted to me about an issue which, before now, I thought was absolutely absurd and completely impossible. But now that I have seen this, I’m just… speechless I guess.’ He said as he stood there with a dazed expression.

Wait, someone had told him about me and Cole?

Kimberly I bet.

‘This was my entire fault… I took advantage of Avery; there is no need to expel her.’ Cole said as I saw his hands clench into fists as his muscles strained.