The Point of No Return {sequel to The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [teacher]}6

Chapter 6

Mistakes unworthy of making- ‘I don’t have to promise you anything!’

<><><> 

‘Kiren was amongst the group.’

<><><> 

I laughed at Cole’s words. ‘Funny Cole… but seriously, what does it have to do with me?’

Cole’s face strained before he relaxed it ‘Glad you can take a joke-‘ he chuckled nervously ‘-um, I just wanted to tell you so you could beware of them. I don’t want you getting involved in that kind of stuff.’

Cole Ford’s POV

‘Glad you can take a joke… um; I just wanted to tell you so you could beware of them. I don’t want you getting involved in that kind of stuff.’

I broke… I had it planned in my head that I was going to confront her and let her help Kiren but I just couldn’t bear to break her heart. After all, they were practically brother and sister.

‘No need to worry about that. I have Kiren and Meghann to company me.’ She said with a gentle smile towards me.

I really didn’t think that made me feel any better though… considering….

‘You’re right, as usually.’ I said as I leaned to the side and kissed her.

Since I hated lying to Avery, I was going to make sure I didn’t have to lie. It was now up to me to set Kiren right. But I still couldn’t believe he would do such a thing. What was he going through to make him so extensively desperate that he had to turn to drugs?

‘A-are you OK there Cole?’ Avery asked sounding concerned.

I plastered a fake smile on my face ‘Yeah, fine. Wanna watch a movie or something hun?’

Her face instantly brightened ‘Sure, what were you thinking?’

‘Maybe something a little less sad then the last one…’ I hinted.

‘Fine with me. What about… something a little scary then?’

‘No, no, no… I don’t do god with scary.’

‘Yay! I found your weakness! Come on, you have me, what’s the problem baby?’

‘Nothing… nothing… what movie then?’

‘Hmm…. Jennifer’s Body, The Haunting of Molly Hartley, The Rite, The Last Exorcism or The Human Centipede? Pick one, if you have any.’

‘Surprisingly, I have nearly all of those but I haven’t seen any. Choose the less scary one.’

‘OK… The Human Centipede.’ She declared.

‘Wait! That’s not the least scary one! That’s actually quite the opposite.’ I pouted in despair.

‘My point exactly.’ She professed cheekily.

‘No far.’ I pouted.

‘Suck it up princess.’ She said as she got up and walked over to my DVD collection before browsing for a couple of seconds. I was praying that for some reason the DVD would be lost and we would have to watch something a little less gruesome and scary. But just when I thought it was well and truly lost, she pulled a DVD out ‘Ah huh!’ she cheered.

I knew I really did sound like a baby but I just really didn’t like scary movies.

‘Shove love.’ She said with remote in hand, wanting access to the bed.