Ch. 57 - For Infinity (Pt. 2)

(A/N: You know, I'll just cut to the story :) enjoy the final final chapter! - Hanihato)

~~~

PART TWO.

~~~

(Ren's POV)

As I moved down the stairs, I heard Yuka's squeal. I widened my eyes and glared at her. She stared at me with happy eyes and a smile. I furrowed my brows, moving down and to her.

"What was that?..." I asked, giving a chuckle. She squealed again. "You look so handsome!!" I cringed at that word. I shook my head. "Uh....I don't ever want to hear that coming from your mouth again, if you don't mind."

We laughed, and I blushed. I straightened my formal shirt and jacket and red tie. Yuka took it upon herself to straighten my long red cape and hood. I chucked and pushed her off, pulling my red beanie down on my forehead more. I could sense tears in her eyes. I smiled softer.

I found myself hugging her tightly. She sniffed in a sad way. I laughed quietly. "....don't get all emotional on me, sis......I don't want to ruin my beautiful makeup." I joked, acting like Yuka did sometimes when she'd hear something sad.

She chuckled. "Alright. I won't cry....I'm just so happy, but sad....my little boy's a man now!" I rolled my eyes and moved away. I pointed to my face. "Okay, hurry up and take some pictures if you're gonna. I'm eager to-"

Cutting me off, a knock sounded at the door at just the right volume. I glanced at it and Yuka let out a third squeal. "Ooh! That's probably Takashi!!" She hurried over to the door, but I caught her and turned her around. "Woah-!" She yelped, but I chuckled and ran for the door first.

I twisted the knob and pulled it open. My lips parted and eyes widened at the sight before me. Takashi stood, all dressed up, his brown eyes sparkling and a pink blush covering his cheeks. I blushed too, forcing a smile on my face. My heart started up faster.

"Hey," I breathed. He looked up into my eyes. A smile formed on his plump lips. "...hi...." He murmured. I studied his little costume extra parts. He was adorable.

"C'mon guys! It's picture time!" I heard Yuka announce cheerfully. Takashi giggled and I pulled him in after me.

A moment later, my sister had us standing near the stairs together. Just before he snapped the picture on her phone, I put Takashi's hand in mine. I saw his blush out of the corner of my eye, then heard a snap. I giggled to myself and Yuka took another.

"Get closer, you two! Don't be shy!" She said. I rolled my eyes, then grabbed Takashi's waist and pulled him onto me. He gasped for a second. I grinned, then he did too, Yuka snapping the picture just in time.

Minutes of chatting later, I realized it was nearly eight. I told Yuka, and she said she'd drive us to the school. We agreed and all piled in the car. It was Yuka's senior year, which meant she had prom, but she never ever really wanted to go. She told me that she would be spending time with her little circle of friends I'd only met once or twice.

When the minutes of awkward silence passed, Takashi and I got out, saying goodbye to my sister. Her car drove away, and I hooked arms with my boyfriend. He looked up at me with a red blush. "R-Ren..." He murmured to me. I smiled wide at him. "Are you ready?" Takashi hesitated after my question, then nodded slowly.

We both turned and moved toward the school, arms entwined. I grinned. "This is gonna be fun." I assured Takashi. His grip on me tightened. I glanced down to see a frown on his face. I didn't do anything at first, since we had arrived and I had to pay for our tickets. I shoved them in my pocket and walked with him into the room (which was the school's huge gym). Music blasted from a large set of d.j. equipment from in the corner.