Ch. 7 - Baka

I pulled into the yard and threw my bike down. I was too tired to care about it. I waddled over to the front of the house and stopped, staring at it. I let out a long sigh. This is NOT going to go well....huh, at least I'll die happy today. I stepped slowly up to the front door, making sure that I did not make a sound while doing so. I lifted a hand and reached ever so slowly for the doorknob. Just inches away from touching it, the door swung open. My heart sank. Shit..... An angry Yuka stood there, glaring down at me. 'Think of the Devil.....' I almost laughed at my inside joke, but kept it inside. She had a frown across her lips, and her blond hair had been yanked from its hair tie. Never a good sign when it comes to Yuka.... I took a step back, but she took a step forward to replace it. She smiled devilishly. A fake, creepy one....I shivered. "Hi, little brother." She greeted in a freaking creepo voice. I smiled nervously. "Heh....hey, sis...." In one sudden, terrifying movement, Yuka leaned forth and moved her hand around my head. Crap!! Not this torture again!!! She fiercely gasped my nape with three fingers, sending a jolt of pain down my spine and up my head. "Ow!!" I shouted, jumping. She held onto it tight, pushing me forth and into the house. All the while, screaming, "BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA!!!!!!!!", right in my ear. I kept flinching but walking as she pushed. Eventually, I gathered my strength and shoved her off. "Yuka! Quit it! I'm sorry, okay?! Geez, what the hell else do you want from me?!" She grunted while slamming the door shut and locking it. "An explanation!! That's what I want!!" She whipped around and took a step at me. I shuffled back and shoved my hands in my hoodie pockets. "Fine!! I was at a friend's house!! Okay?...." She gave a sarcastic smile. "Oh, okay. That's all well and good, but why the hell did I get a phone call from the principal?!" My eyes widened. I thought about the possible reason. "Gee, I dunno! Why DID he call you?!" I snapped. She gave me the 'impossible' look. "Ren!! He said that you were bullying someone!!" That set me off. "WHAT?!?! I was SAVING someone from being bullied!!!!" Yuka glared at me. "Well, that's no reason to start a fight!!" I clenched my fists. "I DIDN'T START THAT STUPID FIGHT!!!! I ENDED IT!!!!" I screamed. She just stared at me in disbelief. I sighed and dropped to the floor. "....God, Yuka...." I whined like a child. She crossed her arms and looked away. After a few minutes of quiet, she spoke up. "I'm sorry, Ren. I just worry about you and your life....I don't want you to fail....." I hung my head. "...yeah....." I whispered. "I want your life to be amazing....ever since mom and dad....." She hesitated and searched for the proper word. "....l-left......I promised myself that I would take care of you. I love you, Ren....." I kept the tears from welling up in my eyes at the thought of our parents. "....I love you too, sis....." I replied shakily. Then, I stood and stepped over to Yuka, pulling her into a hug. "....sorry for yelling......" I apologized. "....I'll sort everything out with you later......right now......I'm just really tired." She just nodded and said, "okay." With that, I hurried upstairs to the bathroom. I stepped in and closed the door, eager for a quiet shower. I stepped over and took my phone out of my pocket. I placed it on the edge of the sink. Then I took off my hoodie. I tossed it to my feet and slipped my shoes off, along with my shirt. I then turned to the mirror and studied my face. My brown hair was matted bad, and I had slight bags under my green eyes. I didn't care about this much. I was about to turn, when, out of nowhere, a little trail of blood trailed out of my nose. I froze. What the...? "Hmm??..." I put a finger to it to make sure it was blood. And it was, indeed blood. I quickly ran some water from the sink onto my hand and wiped it away. It kept running until I eventually blew my nose into a tissue and threw it away. Weird....my nose has never bled like that. Oh well. A little nosebleed never killed anyone. I shrugged it off and continued taking off my clothes, and stepping into the warm shower water.