Ch. 8 - Visiting

~~TIME SKIP~~

I woke almost instantly, thoughts about yesterday flooding in. I just stared at my ceiling thinking about it for like the first ten minutes. I had a full on conversation with my conscience in my head....

'...huh...yesterday was really fun....and even better now.....it's the weekend.' .. '...but, Ren.....you have a new friend now.....and it's a little weird that you two were so close then, don't you think?....I don't think that it's a good idea to hang out with him anymore....' .. 'Woah, don't be stupid! I like having this guy around....I mean....he's cool, yah know?....we're just buddies, okay?....I'll make sure that we don't freaking cling to each other, and I'll be just fine.' .. '....whatever you say....I don't really have much control in your mind, but I'm only going to warn you. Don't be an idiot.'---

"Ren!!" I heard a familiar voice shout. My eyes snapped open and I jumped in surprise. Yuka stood at the side of my bed, arms crossed. She glared at me. I could've sworn her eyes were on fire or something.... I brought a hand up to my chest and felt my heart throbbing. "God, Yuka! You almost gave me a freaking heart attack!!" I gulped, breathing heavily. She rolled her eyes and took a step back. "Sorry, geez....but you've been asleep for a few extra hours. It's, like, twelve o'clock already." I hurriedly gasped and jumped off of the bed, onto the floor. To my luck, though, I failed miserably and my blankets wouldn't let go of me, so I fell on my face. "OUCH." I heard Yuka snickering behind me. I scrambled to my feet and turned, one finger raised. "Yeah, I totally meant to do that...." I yawned heavily and padded over to my bedroom door, which was opened. Yuka followed as I walked down the stairs and to the living room.

"So why'd you wake me up?..." I asked tiredly. I yawned and glanced at Yuka as I sat down on the couch. She grumbled. "....I want to know what happened yesterday. You said you'd explain." I swallowed at that. Oh yeah...

"...well.....what do you want me to tell you?....." I asked and my heartbeat increased a little. Yuka glared at me. She sighed. "....first. What happened when you got to school yesterday?" I recalled the memory. It made me feel a bit sick..... "...I....uhm....I was gonna go to class, I swear, but on my way....I heard someone getting bullied.....and I found out it was my friend, Takashi...."

Yuka blinked. "Takashi? I haven't heard of him.....when did you two meet?...." "Yesterday morning....when I came to school and no one was there. Then we went to get coffee." I gave a strange look, looking away. "Theeenn.....he ran off afterwards....." I felt Yuka's eyes on me. "Why would he do that??" I shrugged. "No idea. But then I went back to the school, and.......I saw this boy bullying him by the restrooms.......he had him pinned against the wall......"

"That's awful!" I gave Yuka a look, then looked over at the wall in front of me. I was distant. "Yeah, it was....the boy smashed his camera and I couldn't take it. I had to get him for that.....even if Takashi is just someone I met yesterday. I dunno why.....I felt like I had to protect him."

It got quiet. I took in a breath as Yuka spoke up. "Okay. I won't get angry for that one.....but......I have a question." I looked over at my sister. "Yeah? What is it?" She looked down, then up at me again. She furrowed her brow. "...do you know why he was being bullied, Ren?" I shook my head, answering the question. "No."

"Okay then. Sorry I yelled last night. I'll leave you be a bit...." Before Yuka left, I stopped her. "Oh, hey. Wait....can you make some macaroni and cheese?...." Yuka groaned and I laughed. "....so weird. Fine. You and your morning cheese thing......" Then, she headed off to the kitchen. I decided to go get dressed. I had a feeling I'd be talking to Takashi later...

~~~

"Yuka! I'm going out!" I yelled, then slammed the door shut before I heard her call. I didn't really care what she thought of me leaving, I just did it.

I hopped onto my bike and decided to head over to Takashi's house. I didn't have any plans, so I figured, why not? Plus, I wanted to know why he had been getting bullied yesterday....Yuka just peaked my interest.

About fifteen minutes later, I found myself at his front door. I had a big dumb smile on my face for some reason. I felt like an idiot, but before I could turn around, I forced a knock at the door. After a moment, it opened. But it wasn't Takashi. My smile faded. I met the tired eyes of an old woman. Her hair was short and a little matted, and although it was dark black, grey strands could be seen all too perfectly.

She gave a kind smile. "Hello. Can I help you?" She asked, her voice as calm as Takashi's I gave a kind smile. "Hi.....oh......I was just looking for Takashi......." I tried my best not to make it awkward. She gave a little chuckle. "Oh, are you his new friend? I've heard a lot about you in so little time." We chuckled and I blushed a little. "He talked about me?" I smiled. The woman kept her smile. "Yes....oh, you'd better be careful, Ren, is it?" I nodded, looking at her funny. She grinned at me, a look of pure kindness. "I believe that he has a crush on you." She chuckled.

My face got a little serious and I blushed. My heart thumped against my chest. Wait......crush??......what is she talking about?....he doesn't--.....does he??.......

"U-uhm....hah.....who are you, exactly?" I choked, trying to sound as nice as possible. She kept her rosy cheeked smile. "I'm Takashi's mother."