Ch. 36 - Suspicion

The weekend went by in a flash. It kinda sucked, since I never got a chance to visit Takashi. He'd text and call me, but he always, after about twenty minutes, said that he had to go do something.

He was acting way too suspicious. It worried me. I also had to go to the hospital frequently, which was pissing me off a lot more. The weather was the worst. Kinda sorta. It was very cold, and even worse in the mornings. I didn't even get my Saturday off. The doctors kept on doing stuff like x-rays and junk, and I never really got a break.

If I did, I either talked to Takashi, or tried to text and call Keita. Ever since that day at the hospital, he never talked I me about whatever the hell it was. Although I was confused, the first part of his "very important" "personal" sentence, struck me. When I arrived at school that Monday, there was indeed a rumor going around about a school dance for the next month. (Which would be October) (...and, yes, the year was actually fairly early.)

It would be themed for Halloween, or course, and my mind roamed about it. I got all jittery when I thought about the dance. I was contemplating on asking Takashi to go. It excited me, but also made me uneasy. All in all, though, I was happy about it.

I still wanted to talk to Keita, though. But he wasn't at school Monday. And whenever I saw Takashi, thoughts and ideas for the dance flooded my head. But also, I was worried about him. He seemed more and more nervous when he saw me. He kept shying away more, and avoiding me to the point I couldn't stand it. Something was bothering him. And I was going to find out what. Now, it was Wednesday.

And I was sitting in the library, waiting for my boyfriend to come talk to me.

"....uuhhhgg.....where is he?...." I grumbled to myself, looking around the somewhat empty room. I had texted Takashi about ten minutes ago, and he said he'd meet me in here for a free period.

He was way late. It was strange for him.

I stood up and started walking down an isle of high book shelves to distract myself, but also roam until I found him.

I stared, annoyed at all the random books. I ran my fingers along a row of book spines, staring at them until the corner came and I turned, bumping right into a person.

I gasped and quickly jumped back. I stared right into the eyes of my surprised boyfriend. "Huh...Takashi!" I said. He took a step back, eyebrows raised. "...R...Ren...." He sighed. I stepped right up to him, instantly cupping his cheek. He blushed quickly and I made his eyes meet mine.

"Takashi." I said his name. He blinked, his cheeks a rosy red. "I can't....I can't hold it back anymore. What with everything that's been going on. I need you to tell me.....what's gotten you so worked up? Why have you been avoiding me?..."

Takashi looked deathly nervous. He blinked, his stare falling down at our feet. He still kept widened eyes. "I....n-n.....nothing is--" "Takashi. Don't lie to me." I said sternly. His breathing changed deeply. ".....I-I....j-just...." He brought a hand up and touched his neck, moving to rub the right side, which had been hidden in his jacket. This action started pissing me off recently, when he always did it in class or the few times I'd seen him privately.

I irritatedly grasped his hand and yanked it away from the spot, causing his collar to droop down. "Takashi! Sto--!...."

I was struck with complete shock at the size of the purple/blue bruise that stretched down toward his collar bone underneath his shirt. It looked pretty painful.

The air around us grew icy. My eyes filled with shock, then anger. That bruise looked strangely like that of a hicky. My mind confirmed it. It was indeed.

My heart filled with rage and sadness. Rage came first.

He gave me a horrified look. I let go of his arm, clenching my fists. "R-Ren! It's not what you--!" "What. The. Fucking. Hell...." I growled, barely making it out to be a question. He got all nervous and moved quickly toward me, but I moved away, making him freeze. "Ren!....I-I....i-it....it's--"

"It's either a fucking hicky, or someone's been fucking choking you, or hurting you in some way." I snarled, cursing more than I intended, glaring him in the eyes. "So which is it?!" I saw tears form in his eyes, and I knew I was about to start crying.

"Who hurt you?!?!" I demanded, my voice cracking. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I held my head down, blinking rapidly. "Ren! D-don't get upset, I....!.....I-I can't talk about it! I'm s-sorry, i-it's just--!" "Are you....c-cheating on me??...." I asked, huffing.

He gasped, trying to comfort me. I shoved him away. Without him answering, it was complete hell in my head and heart.

And then, I bolted. I bolted right out and to the door, the door then out of the school.