Ch. 33 - Glances

"...aaggg...." I found myself gurgling as I awoke. My face scrunched up as I squinted, the dimmed, yet bright room light burning at my eyes. My headache was gone, but it still throbbed.

I was laying on my right side, on an uncomfortable cushion. It crackled familiarly as I shifted my weight a little.

"Oh my God! He's waking up!" The sound of my sister's voice made me even more curious. I blinked, still squinting. The first face I saw was indeed Yuka. She was right next to me, holding my cheek. I furrowed my eyebrows, yawning. "....the hell??..." I murmured. She didn't crack a smile. She looked too nervous and concerned.

"Ren! Oh....oh shit.....I was so worried!" She exclaimed. She hugged me, then helped me sit up. I held my forehead, but then looked up. I realized we were in a small hospital room. It consisted of only two chairs, the firm bed I sat on, and a closed door.

And two other people.

I looked up to find Takashi moving over to me. I was about to say something, but he cut me off by giving me a passionate hug. I blinked, lips parted.

The other person was Keita. I didn't understand why he was there, though. He glared at the two of us, then looked away, flushing. He crossed his arms and leaned against a wall.

Finally, Takashi moved away, blushing. He was still a bit shocked, or terrified. I went to look between them. "...w-what's going on? Why are we in the hospital?..." It was quiet for a second, until Yuka answered.

"You had a seizure, Ren.....I got a call from Keita about a half an hour after I left the house, saying that he found you in your room, unconscious." My eyes opened wider as she explained.

She hugged herself, looking at me. "I panicked....I came home and brought you here, and I called Takashi, too. Keita said that you invited him over, so I assume that's why he found you." I glanced at my friend, and he flashed me a half smile. "Yup." He clicked his tongue.

I saw Takashi behind Yuka. He hunched in his jacket, blushing. His gaze was on the ground and his hands in his pockets.

Is he jealous?....

"Anyway, I have to talk to you." I heard Yuka say, making me face her. "It's important.....and we need to make a decision soon....." I gave her a questioning look. She moved closer, putting a hand on my shoulder and sighing.

"We'll talk about it later. Right now, the doctors said it would be best to do a few checkups and run some tests. I'm gonna go outside and make a phone call....." She smiled, then ruffled my hair affectionately. I laughed, then watched her out.

"....are you feeling alright?" I heard Keita ask. My stomach felt weird as I replied. "O-oh, yeah....I'm fine....." I couldn't think of anything else to say, and my eyes kept glancing at an uneasy Takashi.

"Hey, Keita...." I murmured, looking down. "....can we talk later? I.....have to tell Takashi something.....in private, if you don't mind......" I looked up to see a somewhat disappointed Keita. He pushed off of the wall and waved a finger, then headed out. The door closed and I saw my boyfriend's eyes on me.

It was awkward for a second. Until I spoke up. ".....you okay....Takashi?" He looked up and met my eyes. "...I'm fine....you're the dope that had a seizure.....I'm just worried about you....." I smiled as he stepped over and hugged me. I held onto him, quietly taking in his familiarly luscious scent. "....I'm sorry...." I whispered. He moved back an inch. "Huh? Why are you apologizing?"

I sighed through my nose. "I'm just sorry. For whatever. There's....a lot of stuff I could be sorry for....." He gave me a strange look. I smiled wider. "....I love you, Takashi~...." He blushed. Before he could open his mouth, I gripped his shoulders and pulled him close. My lips met his and he squeaked, but a second later, leaning deeper into it.

I felt Takashi's lips part and his tongue make its way into my mouth and rub against mine. My eyes widened and I blushed hard. He's never really that assertive when he kisses. It'd be the first, I guess. I couldn't help but moan, my hand moving to touch his neck.

Takashi gasped, quickly moving back with a flustered look. I furrowed my brows. "S...something wrong?...." He touched his neck, which was halfway buried by his hoodie. After a moment of shock, he shook his head. "N-no. Sorry. Everything is....fine....."

~~~