Ch. 5 - Painted

"Aw....it's not that cool...." Takashi smiled at his feet. I glared at him. "What are you talking about? Of course it is! Now...show me more awesome stuff!" He laughed and motioned for me to follow. "Okay." He walked over to one of the canvases I couldn't see. He rounded it and told me to stay put. He grasped the sides. "Alright....I'm not terribly good at painting, but this is one of my personal favorites." He lifted it off of its stand and turned it my way. I gasped at the sight. It was a beautiful drawing of a purple and orange tropical-looking flower, that was very detailed. It had a very magical aura to it. "Woah, Takashi....you're good. It's really beautiful...." He looked at me with a blush and smile. His voice was so soft. "...t-thank you...." I looked around at the other empty canvases, deep in thought about what to say next. Takashi took care of that quickly. "U-umm....do you....want to try?" He asked quietly. I smiled at that. "Sure!" I looked at him. He gave a nod and went over to the table and set up a blank canvas. "Don't worry about messing up...." He told me. "...I've got plenty." I nodded and a thought came to mind. "Oh!" I shouted, making Takashi jump and turn to me. "Hold on...." I dug into my hoodie pocket and pulled out my phone. Then, I took off my backpack and tossed it onto the floor at my feet. I unzipped it and pulled out my reversible headphones. I flipped them out, into their speaker mode. I walked over to Takashi's side and placed them on the table. I plugged them into my phone and went to my music selection. "Hope yah like music...." I mumbled and heard Takashi squeal. "Oh, yes! What are you going to play?" I didn't respond. Instead, I just turned up the volume and clicked the song "Latch" by Disclosure. I turned to Takashi, who looked breathless and flushed. "Erm..." I said above the flow of music. "Takashi?....you okay?" He shook his head and smiled. "Oh! Yeah...yeah. I'm fine. Here," he pointed to the art supplies. I just grabbed a pencil, and moved in front of the canvas. I like doing my sketches first, before I make it permanent. I'm okay at drawing, really. I don't suck I guess. I held the pencil between my fingers and began to move the tip against the blank space lightly. I knew what I wanted to draw as soon as I saw the white on the canvas. It started out as a pretty big and even circle, then got a little better and more precise. When my memory ran just about out, I looked to my left at Takashi. He stared at me intently. "...what?..." I stared at his eyes. "....be still...." My heart thumped loudly against my chest, but luckily the music played, so I was a bit distracted. Takashi blushed, and I did too. I hadn't realized that his face was actually this close..... I leaned in and kept my gaze on his eyes, trying to find every detail. He squeaked. "....u-uh....R-Ren...." He whispered to me. He was so close....my heart thumped all the way in my throat, until I couldn't bare it. I moved away nervously and looked back at the picture. I raised a hand and continued. He must have realized what I was drawing by now, because out of the corner of my eye, I could see that his cheeks were red. I smiled to myself. Then, the song changed. It was now "Somebody To You" by The Vamps. (...don't judge me....XD....) .. My heart kept throbbing with each line I drew and each note the song hit. After a minute of drawing Takashi's eye, I looked over at him. His eyes were squeezed shut and his cheeks were still red. I blushed and found myself leaning over to him. He definitely didn't notice me. I smiled slightly, and my feelings went into overdrive by themselves. I lowered my eyes and pressed my lips to his nose and planted a quiet kiss there. I moved away and his big brown eyes popped open and he stared at me in surprise. The song changed a third time at perfect timing to the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. I smiled at him. Takashi blinked nervously. "...R-Ren...." He whispered my name. I blushed deeply. Both our hearts were now thumping. "...yes?" I tried my very best to sound casual. Takashi blushed and turned around quickly. I looked at him and dropped the pencil. "Takashi? What's wrong?" I walked around him and saw his hand was pressed to his mouth. I grasped his wrist and pulled it away to see him smiling. He then started laughing softly. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I didn't know whether to smile or frown. I did both, oddly. "T-Takashi!..." I put my own hand to my mouth and began to giggle. We did that for a minute....until my phone malfunctioned. The music ceased. I looked at Takashi, happy and embarrassed at the same time. He kept giggling, at me now. "Shut up." I laughed. Then, out of nowhere, he moved up and hugged me again. I smiled softly and blushed. "...why are you hugging me?" I asked. He held me tighter, his forehead against my chest. "I don't know...." He mumbled. "....you're just so....." His voice trailed off. Geez, I just met this kid, but.....it felt like I already knew him enough.....it was odd.....an odd feeling......but a good one. I looked down at the top of his head. ".....I'm so....what?....." I pulled him closer this time, taking in his warmth. He hummed and moved his head up, meeting my eyes. "....thank you, Ren.....I owe you a lot actually....for what you've done only in one morning....." I smiled. "No problem. I'm happy to help a friend." Takashi looked in a sort disappointed, yet ecstatic. "....r-really.......thank you...." He whispered, burying his face in my chest again, sending a warm feeling through me.