Ch. 4 - Ditching

I put a hand on Takashi's shoulder and stared into his chocolate colored eyes. "....hey.....w-why did you run off earlier today?....at the café...." He blushed then looked down at his feet. "...o-oh....uh....I kind of do that a lot, actually.....whenever I get another friend, because.....well, I don't really have a lot of friends......" I was about to ask why, but I let it roll off. "...oh...alright, well then....since you're okay I guess....." Takashi stared at me. "We should get to homeroom.....we're already late as it is." I smiled devilishly at him, and he raised an eyebrow. "Nah...." I began, gasping his left hand. That caused him to blush hard. "....we should get out of here." He gave a nervous look. "Ren! I've never ditched before, and I have a lot of things I need to--" "Come on, Takashi! We can chill at my place, or go get an ice cream, or something! I know that you're tired, so don't pretend. Hell, I just beat someone up for you!" He couldn't help but laugh at that. "...well....I......" I gave a pleading look and my best puppy dog eyes. He sighed. "....fine....." When we collected the broken camera pieces and shoved them into my book bag, I cheered and dragged him off, toward the back hall, so no teachers would spot us. I pushed the door open and we sneakily headed for my bike, near the front but not directly. I grabbed it, then looked back at Takashi. "Erm....you don't have a bike, do you?" He shook his head. I sighed, then looked at mine. "Get on." I told him. He gave me a look, then did as I said. I was glad that he was a lot shorter than me. Takashi gripped the handles and stood there. I smiled and hopped onto the bike, behind him. "W-what....umm....?....." He whispered nervously. He blushed. I pressed my body against him from behind. I swear his whole face was red. I held giggles behind my beating heart. "I'm going to steer." I put my hands softly on top of his. He stared at them. "U-uhm...." He slowly moved his hands close to him and away, and I gripped the handles. "Hold on..." I warned. Takashi then gasped and gripped onto the outer part of my sleeves. "Oh, Ren...don't go too fast! Please! I don't want us to wreck!" He panicked. It was....kind of adorable, because of the squeak in his voice. I gave a little laugh. "Okay, okay....calm down. I won't go very fast. Just....hold on in case I change my mind." He grumbled at my comment as I put my feet on the pedals and pushed forth. "Ren!!" Takashi hunched in closer to me. He's actually pretty warm.... I accidentally let out a hum of comfort and he looked up at me. I blushed furiously. "...uh....s-so where are we headed?..." I asked, attempting to distract him from my awkwardness. He looked back down, and closed his eyes. "Hmm...." He thought, then let out a small giggle. "...maybe I should buy you an ice cream....since you got me hot chocolate today...." I laughed. "No....no, you don't have to do that. We can just go chill out somewhere....if you want to." I steered the bike down another pointless street whilst we talked. "...okay, but where?..." Takashi asked. I thought deeply. "Erm......the park?....oooorrr.....one of our houses? Maybe?....or we could just ride around all day." I suggested, still unsure. He hummed in thought. "....if you're letting me decide....then......let's go to my house. Is that okay?...." I gave a nod. "Alright. Where do you live?" He let go of me temporarily and shakily and pointed forward. "It's actually......down there....." I smiled and followed his instructions.
~~~
Takashi stood at the door in front of me and pulled out his keys. He put the correct one into its place and unlocked the door, then opened it. He stepped in and I followed him. I shut the door and continued to walk behind as he trotted into his kitchen. It seemed as though....he had suddenly changed and opened up as soon as he entered his own little home. "Alright then! Well, I live by myself....all except for my cat.....but, I hope you don't think it's too messy in here. It's even worst downstairs....but I love it! No people, so...yeah." He turned and smiled at me, leaning back against the counter in the center of the kitchen. I smiled back. "Yeah, cool. I like it. Buuuut.....what's downstairs?" I asked curiously. He blushed and put a hand on the back of his head, running it through his dark hair. "Oh....just a few of my sucky paintings, and stuff....like pictures.....it's not really--" "I wanna see!!" I interrupted him excitedly. He looked at me, surprised, then uncertain. "I don't think that....y-you'll really enjoy it.....actually...." He smiled at his feet. "Aw! Come on!" I wined and stepped up. "Pleeeeease?...." I begged with a smile. He laughed. "Ren....most of them aren't even finished....." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the living room, not sure where the basement was. "I don't care, I still wanna see. I bet it's still awesome anyways." I didn't really see him blush, but his face was incredibly red. "Fine! Just stop pulling me!" He snatched his arm away and I laughed. Then, he led me over to a door that led to the basement. He opened it and we walked down the steps quietly. I looked around when we got down there. Many different canvases stood around, some empty and others painted on, and a large table at the edge with many art supplies. Some where paint cans, or paint brushes. There was even another large camera. "...woah..." I breathed out, now standing right beside Takashi and staring in awe.