Ch. 46 - A Physical Uke

(A/N: Hey everyone! :3 I'm sorry to interrupt your reading, but I hope you all read this note first.....I just want to say thanks! Thanks to all of you who vote, comment, and follow me! You all don't even know how great it makes me feel to see that you like my work.....I could, and have cried with tears of joy. T^T You are all AWESOME people, despite how little I may know about you XD I hope you continue to read my stories, or books, and I LOVE YOU AAAALLLLL!!! :3 ...so, alright, enough with my rambling. Enjoy! But, wait, I also want to say, that this story will be ending in a couple of chapters, so be warned! I'll probably do some one-shots or something for it, tho~ anywho, BYEEE! - Hanihato)

(BTW; the song that inspired most of this chapter was "Youth" by Daughter. [...and a little bit of "Sleep" and "Cancer" by My Chemical Romance...] You may understand, not so sure though.)

(Sorry, last side note!!! XD it will be long, and there WILL be lemon in this chapter!!! Haha enjoy!!! - Hanihato)

~~~

(Takashi's POV)

The car ride was silent. Well, if you didn't count the music playing loudly from the radio at Ren's request. Whatever he wanted, it didn't matter. I'd do it. He was going into surgery, and you could see just how nervous he was by the paleness of his face.

We couldn't jam too loud, though. But Ren didn't care. Although, most of his music was slow. The rest wasn't. There were very familiar songs playing. Turns out, he had created a playlist of the music that he'd played the time we met.

I blushed slightly, remembering each second. I stared forward, but kept sneaking glances at Ren's face. He didn't even notice, he was so scared. I frowned, bravely placing my fingers between his and squeezing. He turned to me and smiled sheepishly. It was obviously fake. I kept a frown, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

I didn't want him to worry. I didn't want him to hurt because of it. I leaned on his right shoulder, sighing. He stiffened, but sunk back in his seat. Yuka didn't look back at us at all. She kept her gaze on the road, nervousness painted across her expression and glazed and worried eyes. I blinked, my gaze falling to our hands.

Slowly and softly I stroked the rim of his index finger with my thumb. He did that to me sometimes, and it always made me blush and my chest tingle. I took in short breaths, praying that we wouldn't finish that car ride.

Unfortunately, we were already in the hospital's parking lot....

~~~

Ren fidgeted in his seat. I slouched and he now hunched over. I watched his body movements. I could tell that his throat was tight, and he was holding back tears.

I did my best to comfort him. I moved a hand over and pressed it to his back, stroking softly. He sat still, loosening up a bit. I gave a slight smile, tracing my fingers against him in different shapes. He kept his eyes closed.

I kept doing this, but with my free right hand, I pulled out my phone. I smiled more as I clicked the contact and texted.

Ren's own phone went off. His emerald eyes opened and he hesitated, but grabbed it out of his pocket. I moved my hand away and leaned back, peeking over his shoulder.

The text I'd sent him read;

I love you.

A kind, saddened smile crossed his lips. I grinned even more when he looked back at me. I laughed quietly and he did too. This made me feel so much better.

Then, all of a sudden he leaned over the seat gap and pressed his lips firmly to mine. My eyes widened and I gasped, about to move back. We were only sitting in the waiting room, right in front of about three other strangers, not to mention Yuka in the seat at my right.