Ch. 52 - Up

(Takashi's POV)

"Other than your head....d-do you feel okay?" I asked, genuinely concerned. He blinked, staring at his lap. "...n-now I'm....awake.....I f-feel......a-alright.....I-I guess....." I smiled, blinking remaining tears away. "I'm glad you're okay!" I told him. The relief was clearly visible in my tone.

"...I-I.....f-feel weird...." He said. I tilted my head a little. "What do you mean?" I asked. His cheeks flushed pink and he slowly looked away. A smile returned to his lips. "...n-nothing...." He murmured. I shook it off as he looked back into my eyes.

"Hey....w-where's Yuka?...." Ren asked me, now rubbing his thumbs together. I smiled slightly. "Oh, she just went to get some breakfast. I should probably tell her that you're awake, so she can get you something too." He laughed under his breath, then leaned back on his pillow.

I swiftly pulled out my phone and sent Yuka a text, then put it back into my pocket. I looked back over at Ren, who had a calm expression as he studied the room. I smiled kindly. "What are you thinking about?..." I asked him quietly. His gaze fell back on me.

".....a lot....of stuff.....mostly.....you....." He answered with a serious face. My eyes widened and I blushed red. He smiled. "....oh...." I murmured, looking at my hands in my lap. "....you know....I'm just happy that you're okay now......I didn't know what to do earlier......I missed you......" My voice trailed off and I glanced back up at Ren.

He smiled and blushed a little. "....hey.....I missed you more......" His voice seemed to be getting more normal. I grinned. "...that so?" He nodded. I giggled. "...Takashi...." He said my name. My smile disappeared and my heartbeat quickened. "...y-yeah?...."

"....I feel different.....I can't....remember a few things....but that's....not the important part......" I watched as his eyes grew more tired. He turned away. ".....I don't.....understand what's.....g-going on.......I......feel funny......but......Im glad you're here......" Tears welled up in my eyes.

I moved over to him and cautiously wrapped my arms around his body. I buried my face in his chest and started crying quietly. I felt his hand rub my back and through my hair. I sniffed. "I'm not....h-hurting you....am I?...." I asked softly. He squeezed me tighter. "....no.....not at all....." He answered.

Just before I could say another word, the sound of a door click made me jump back. "Ren!!" I heard Yuka's girly squeal and her footsteps drawing near the bed. I let out a sigh, my shoulders drooping. "...Yuka...." Ren muttered, giving her a smile. She laughed, dropping a paper bag on the table near and moving down to hug her brother.

"Aw, I wanted to be here when you woke up!" She joked, snuggling closer. He chuckled weakly, and I felt a little ping of jealousy bubble up in my chest. I looked away, fingering the rings on my hand. "You look so different without your hair! You're so....bald!" Yuka chuckled and Ren faked a punch to her arm. "Shut up...." He muttered as she moved away.

"Oh, Takashi! I got your biscuit!" I looked back up and forced my smile. "Thank you...." I mumbled and walked over, receiving my food. "I got you one too, bro!" Yuka told Ren. "...g...good....I feel like I could eat....a horse.....or something....." Yuka laughed. "Yep! The doctor said it'd do that to you!" We all chuckled. Then, each of us sat and enjoyed breakfast together, somewhat silently.

~~~

"Thank you!" Yuka called as the nurse left. I leaned back in my chair, smiling and closing my eyes with a sigh. "So, Ren.....the doctor said that you will be here for a week or two....." Yuka said, moving back to her chair. I let my muscles relax as they spoke together.

"Okay...." Ren said. Yuka thought for a moment. "....uh.....you've been here for a while enough....you probably stink......and they said you could bathe, so....Takashi! Go help Ren shower!" My cheeks lit up red and I immediately popped up. "Huh?!" I yelped. I gave Yuka a nervous glare. She grinned, pointing a finger at the bathroom across the room.

"You heard me! He has to bathe, and you probably do too! So, go! Now!" My ears burned and I blushed, taking a glance at a smirking Ren. I stared dead at Yuka, somewhat pleadingly. "W-w-why d-do I have to help him?!?!" I asked, flustered as hell. Yuka crossed her arms. "Because. I'm a girl, and I don't want to see my brother's junk. You, on the other hand, are indeed a boy. I'm also pretty sure that you know what he has more than I...."

My blush spread to my ears and neck and I trembled in embarrassment. I thought I could hear Ren laughing under his breath and I immediately stood. "F-FINE! Let's j-just....h-hurry up....." I stomped over to his bedside and Ren stared up at me with blushing cheeks. I outstretched a hand and pouted.

"Can he get his head wet?" I asked. Yuka thought. "Maybe it's best if we don't wet it." I gave a nod and Ren took my hand. He slowly got his feet to the floor and gripped onto me tightly. He shakily stood, stumbling into me more. I blushed hard, his body pressed to mine in a very awkward way. I felt his knee press between my legs and my member grow uncomfortably hot.

"...R-Ren~....y-you're l-like a f-fucking baby deer!....try to....b-be careful!!" I stressed, closing one eye and trying not to make that sound like a moan. He squeezed me, then backed up a little. I held his hand and body, limping with him to the bathroom. "...I hate you....." I muttered, eyeing Yuka before we wobbled into the bathroom. She just snickered.

~~~

(A/N: Sorry to cut it here! I have a right to tease you all a little bit ;3 but I will have a very cute plan for the next chapter, and the final ones after! Thank you all for the votes and follows! You're all the reason why I bother to wake up in the morning haha XD bye! - Hanihato)