Ch. 25 - Tiny Space

I refused to let go of Takashi. He argued with me, right in front of Yuka, causing her to laugh. I kept a smug smile as I got my way, walking hand in hand with Takashi into the hospital.

We walked all the way up to the front desk, our palms becoming very sweaty. I just smiled. The lady at the front saw us, but didn't say anything as she talked with Yuka. My smile faded and I leaned into Takashi's side a bit. He glanced at me, a bit worried.

"What's wrong?..." He whispered. I cringed, now holding on to his arm. He blushed. "....I....just.....hate hospitals....." I replied quietly. "....they kinda make me sick...." He nodded, allowing me to cling onto him more. That made me a bit more happy.

Yuka turned around to us. "Okay. Let's go sit over in the waiting room.....she said the doctor's going to see you in a few minutes." She told us. I nodded, and Takashi just followed as I walked behind Yuka, into a whole different room.

There were a lot of seats, and only a few people scattered about. I still held onto my boyfriend as we walked over to a row of chairs. Yuka sat down, and I sat down next to her, in the middle. Takashi took a seat at my left. I finally allowed him to go free and wipe the sweat from his palm. I did the same, wiping it with my jacket sleeve.

Then, I fished my phone out of my pocket. I turned it on and looked through my apps. Just the usual. I eyed Temple Run for what seemed like twenty minutes until I gave in and started playing it.

About five minutes later, I went back and played Nyan Cat Jump, then Piano Tiles, which got Takashi's attention, until I changed it to Jet Pack Joy Ride. Time went on like that, until I got bored. Then, my phone buzzed as I got a text. Odd. I hadn't got a text in a while from anyone other than Yuka or Takashi.

I checked the name. It read; from: Keita .

I raised an eyebrow, opening the message.

Hey, Ren. Haven't heard from you in a while. You haven't been at school lately. Something wrong?

I swear I could see Takashi peeking out of the corner of my eye. I then sent him a text back.

We haven't talked in, like, a few weeks. I thought you ditched me for those other losers ;) but nah, everything's fine. Except for the fact I have brain cancer.....but don't worry. I'm still cool as ever.

I turned my phone off. By sending that wink face, I could just feel Takashi's annoyed glare. I thought I heard him growl, also.... That's when Keita texted back. I pretended not to be so excited. I wasn't, but I made it seem boring for
Takashi.

Woah, what? Are you serious?? We really need to talk....you wanna hang again some time soon?

I smiled a friendly smile and happily texted back. But....not too happily, because I could feel the radiation coming from Takashi as he looked like he was gonna gnaw me in two.

Sure, of course. Maybe later this week...I've gotta do some things right now, and I'm sure you're already sitting in class XD so, bye Keita!

Then I put my phone away, sighing. I looked over at Yuka. "Hey, sis....I'll be right back.....let me know if I get called. Text me, er something...." I stood, seeing Yuka nod.

Then, I looked down at Takashi. He blushed as I caught him staring at me hopefully. I motioned for him to follow me, and he got up slowly and walked behind. I headed down an empty hall, and saw a door at my right. It had a little sign on it saying 'storage supplies'. I stopped and twisted the knob, pulling it open.

"Ren, what are you doing?" Takashi asked me. I just turned, grasping him by the wrist. He gasped as I forcefully pulled him into the closet with me. I shut the door, but found that there was no lock on it. I moved in front of my boyfriend, as we were standing sideways in the tiny room full of little and medium-sized boxes.

I met his eyes. "R-Ren!" He exclaimed, but in a bit of a whisper. I sighed, releasing his wrist. I moved in and pushed him against the wall. I kissed his lips tenderly. Then, I pulled away.

He stared at me with wide, chocolate colored eyes. I moved a hand up and pressed it to his cheek. "Are you okay, Takashi?" I asked, giving him a serious look. Only a bit of light spilled into the closet. He bit his lip. "I'm....I'm fine....what about you?" He replied. I moved my hand to the back of his head and leaned in, pressing our foreheads together.

"He's just my friend, I hope you know that." I murmured. Takashi's mouth fell open and his cheeks lit up. "W-what? What are you talking about??..." He stammered. "Keita. He's one of my old friends. We don't even talk much. I just didn't want you to get jealous, or anything."

Takashi glared at me, moving me back. I pressed my body to his, my own pink blush appearing. "....I-I'm n-not jealous.....I d-don't even know what or who....y-you're talking about, Ren...." I grunted, pressing my lips to his again, but moving back faster. "Don't lie to me. I could see you peeking at my texts, but I don't blame you. I'd do the same...." I insisted.

By now, Takashi looked so embarrassed and uncomfortable that he could die. I smiled. "Takashi." I leaned down and locked him in a passionate kiss. Then, I broke away, the two of us panting.

"It's alright. I....I love you. I always will.....okay?" I whispered. He blinked, moving in to hug me tight. I did the same, planting kisses along his neck. He shivered. Then, my pocket vibrated. I got a text. Takashi stiffened, and I warily took the device out and read it.

Hey. The doctor's calling for you....

Both Takashi and I sighed, then left the little storage closet together, hand in hand.