Ch. 56 - For Infinity (Pt. 1)

(A/N: BEFORE YOU READ. I just want to thank all of you for helping me come so far :3 I mean it. Enjoy, a bit sadly, the final chapter! T^T (it'll be long, so go get comfy and eat some popcorn or something ;3 lol. Although, there ARE gonna be two parts because it is so long....sorry.) This chapter is actually mostly important to me, since it's their high school dance, and when I went to my dance it really sucked. I didn't have anybody to hang with and love there, so this is kinda my daydream of what would happen ;3 thank you guys!!! Enjoy, my beautiful friends!!! - Hanihato)

~~~

PART ONE.

~~~

(Ren's POV)

My head throbbed when I awoke, sitting up slowly to check my phone. I clicked the screen to see if I had any messages. None. I checked the time. 5:18. I groaned to myself. I'm an hour early. Oy vey.

I closed my phone and blinked in the dark. I took a moment to think. I really don't wanna get up. Maybe I should just sleep in? Eh? Nah. I'll have to get up soon. Stay awake?

I blinked one last time, then crashed back into my pillow. My mind got fuzzy. Might as well sleep. I feel anxious anyway. I want to be rid of that nervous feeling. Why do I feel nervous?

The dance is tonight. It's Halloween. I'm going to be dressing in a cape and suit, all fancy like, and so is my Takashi. Hell, I feel even more rattled than my head did when I was going into surgery.

I realized then that I had been staring at my iPod deck at my bedside. I furrowed my eyebrows and groaned. I flipped onto my back and brought a hand up to touch my bare head. I feel strange....

Weird.

I don't understand it, but there's a new feeling in my chest and stomach.

Surrounding my being.

It's been there before, I know it has.

I just never realized it this much.

Now this feeling was right in front of me, and circling inside me.

As I glared at the ceiling above me, my green eyes widened.

I wasn't sure what to do with it.

More important, I wasn't sure when or how I was going to use it to help me.

Help? Bah. I don't think that was the right term. Assist? No.

I was going to think of other ways to say 'help', but by this time my alarm blared off to the beat of "Some Kind Of Monster" by Neon Trees. I glanced back over at the deck and sighed. It was now already six o'clock.

So much for sleeping in.

~~~

The day dragged on for what seemed like ages. Each period went on longer than the last. It was a bust. My free period wasn't even good, either. I won't explain why, mostly because I wish not to relive it.....

To my excitement, however, the time had come for eighth period. Which was my final class of the day. I mentally cheered and pumped a fist. Although, there was a downside to this. I was on my second block schedule. Today, class was career prep, which I hated with a passion.

I prayed that we wouldn't have to do anything big, and we could just relax or something.

Thank god that's what we ended up doing. We got free time to be on our phones, or talk with our friends. I didn't have anyone to chat with, so instead, I just plugged in my earbuds and found the song "Bleak December" by Set It Off. I turned the volume to 100 and leaned back in my seat. I smiled as the song progressed, but it kept its rough and harsh rhythm.

Before I knew it, I saw other students getting up to leave. I unplugged a bud and realized that the bell had just rang. The last hour's up already?

"Yes!!" I cheered in a hushed tone, grabbing my stuff and hurrying out of the classroom. I took notice of the music, which had switched to another Set It Off song called, "I Think It's Arrogance". I bobbed my head a bit as I moved to my locker, unlocked it, and crammed my stuff in with a slam.

I turned and started off anxiously down the hall and out of the school. I made it to my bike (which was surprisingly starting to break down) and hopped on, pedaling home. My stomach did a flip and I thought deeply of what might happen tonight....

~~~

(Takashi's POV)

I neared my house with an increasing pace. My heart thudded and I smiled wide. I couldn't stop my happiness from bubbling out and almost spilling over, although the cold air on my face kept me contained.

When I unlocked the door, I slammed it back and headed into the kitchen. I quickly avoided Simba, grabbing a hot pocket from the freezer and preparing it in the microwave. While it heated, I fixes my cat's food and water. I smiled at the multicolor feline. "I won't be home for a while tonight, buddy...." I murmured, blushing a little.

He mewled at me and I pat his head, the microwave beeping off. I moved over to it and pulled out my steaming food, placing it on my counter table. I leaned over, pulling it to the edge and taking a bite. I hummed. My stomach grumbled. I hadn't had any lunch today, because the school's food sucked, and I'd been awaiting anxiously to get home.

A few minutes later, I finished my food and cracked open a can of coke and sipped on it. I glanced at the time on the microwave. I nearly choked on my fizzy drink, it slightly burning in my throat. It was already 6:24.

"Ah! The dance starts at eight o'clock!" I yelped, placing my drink down with a swish and bolting to the bathroom. I had to be at Ren's house around seven or eight. "Shit..." I cursed under my breath, fumbling for my toothbrush. I put a bunch of toothpaste on it and scrubbed my teeth, making sure to get rid of the accursed taste, and spit it all out in the sink. I rinsed it afterwards and hurriedly removed my clothes, slipping into the shower.

After I bathed, I wrapped a towel around my waist and speed walked into my room across the tiny hall. As fast as I could, I retrieved my outfit. I gathered the fuzzy wolf parts and laid everything down on my bed. I used my towel to dry my hair, then put on a pair of black boxers. I moved to grab and pull on my dark dress pants and white button up. Glad I had long sleeves, since it was cold and my scars were more clear.

I then pulled on my dark formal jacket, and clipped on my long blue clip-on tie. Yeah, I'm too lazy to get a real tie...heh.

After I knew I was finished putting on my shoes and getting all dressy, I went back to the bathroom with my costume parts in hand. I stopped in from of the mirror, grinning at myself. I adjusted the way my hair parted, then put the fluffy headband wolf ears on. Then, I clipped the wolf tail behind on my brown belt.

The very last thing I did was make sure I had my rings on. Then, I checked the time. 7:27.

"....here we go...." I murmured to myself, then headed out the door.

~~~

It's the weekend. Part two, coming soon....