Ch. 12 - Discussion

(Ren's POV)

"Hey, Yuka! I'm back!" I called out to my sister as I closed the front door. No reply. I shrugged, assuming she was upstairs. I pressed my back against the door and sighed, closing my eyes.

All I wanted to think about was Takashi.....his soft lips invaded my mind. I didn't know how I'd even worked up enough courage to kiss him. I wanted to do it again so bad....

My face heated up and I bit my lip, hiding my squeaks.

"Hey, Ren!" My eyes snapped open and I gasped, quickly looking at Yuka. She stood at the bottom step, then began walking over to me. "What's up?" She asked. I turned away, trying to hide my face. "Hey, you're....really red....you feeling okay?" Damn.

I coughed, brushing past her and wandering to the couch. "Fine." I stressed. Then, a thought came to mind quickly, as if my brain was stressing to me that I handle it. But half of me thought of it as....not much of a big deal.

"Oh, hey....actually.....I, uhm...." I plopped down on the couch, touching my face but looking at Yuka all the same. "....do you think you could get me an appointment with the doctor? My nose has been bleeding a lot lately...." My sister gave an odd look, then thought.

"Hmm...yeah, okay. But, you know, it's probably just allergies." I knew she was trying to soothe my nerves. I gave my sister a glare. "Uh, huh....but that only happens to me when the weather is hot, sis." She nodded, rolling her eyes. "Yeah, I know. Just sayin'." I nodded, then got a thought.

"Oh! But...if you get me an appointment, please make it next week, okay? I wanna hang out with Takashi Friday....or Saturday...." I shrugged. Yuka smiled with a hum, turning around and walking over to the stairs. "Okay....is there any particular reason why you want to hang with your new bestie so badly?"

I blushed, looking away. "No! Dude, he's my friend....and he doesn't hang out with any other people as much, so yeah. I wanna spend time with him." I glared back at Yuka. "Is that a problem, or something?" She just shrugged with a grin. "Eh, not really. But okay. I'll go call the doctor...."

"Okay." I replied.

~~~

The week after that went by pretty fast, and boring. I waited desperately for Friday to come.

Takashi and I only stole a few glances from each other, never really having the chance in class to talk. And we didn't go to extra classes together, or lunch. So that sucked. Although, we did normally hang out afterwards.

Mostly at my house. Yuka developed a liking with him, and I kinda was a bit overprotective of him....secretly......but Yuka was too old, either way.

But I did learn a few things about him. As did he about me. I know now that his favorite color is blue, and his favorite animals are cats. His favorite food is chocolate....well, he refers to it as food, but I believe it's candy.

I'd got an appointment scheduled for Monday, also. I'd miss school, so I pumped a fist for that. But I hadn't asked if Takashi wanted to hang out that weekend. That is, until Friday rolled along.