Ch. 26 - Rawr

"ALL THAT WE HAD TO GET WERE PILLS?!?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands into the air angrily. Takashi grasped my shoulder, giving me a stressed look. "Woah, Ren...calm down...." He mumbled to me. I growled while we exited the hospital and stomped to the car.

"Yeah, Ren. Chill out. S'fine....and you did have to get a couple tests, anyway. So, in a way, it wasn't a total waste-" "YEAH, BUT I COULD'VE BEEN DOING MORE IMPORTANT THINGS." I whined to my sister after she said that.

I let out a long and frustrated sigh. "Ugh....whatever. It doesn't matter....I just want to go home and sleep......" Yuka smashed her hand into my back. I yelped, spinning to glare at her. "THAT'S THE SPIRIT!" She laughed at me. I gave her a weird look.

"What the fudge???" I asked, but we all just ended up laughing in the car.

"I'm just so happy about the way you're taking this...." Yuka said. I interlocked fingers with Takashi again, making him blush. I glared at my sister. "Huh? I.....think I'm taking it pretty bad, Yuka....it's not a good thing....." I saw her roll her eyes and shake her head.

"No, no. Of course it's bad, but I mean, it feels like you're trying to focus on the good things.....y'know?" She glanced back at me, pulling out of the parking lot. I smiled slightly, looking at my lap. "Yeah...." I sighed.

~~~

"Okay, I'll be right back. I've just gotta get my stuff...." Takashi said, hopping out of the car. "Alright!" Yuka called back.

When Takashi got into the house, my chest tingled. A thought came to mind, and I couldn't resist. A smile crossed my lips and I quietly slipped out of the car when Yuka was on her phone.

I nearly let out a laugh when I stepped inside and just barely shut the door. I shuffled over to the bottom of the stairs and crouched down.

That's when I heard Takashi coming down the steps. He was humming something, until he got to the last step. I jumped out at him, letting out a fake roar.

"AHH!!" He yelped, stumbling back. I quickly moved to catch him, but he grasped my hand and I fell on top of him, on the floor next to the stairs.

"OWW!!" He growled at me, now rubbing the back of his head. Takashi's bag had slid basically to the front door. I flushed, gaping at him. "Oh, man! I'm s-sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you, Takashi!" I nervously apologized.

He glared at me. He grabbed my arms to push me off, but I pinned his wrists down, smirking. "Ren, get off--!" I quickly leaned down, biting his lower lip. Takashi blushed hard, staring at me with wide eyes.

I released his lip and gave a chuckle, moving to stand up. I outstretched a hand toward Takashi. He took it with an annoyed look, standing up and punching my arm. I laughed and my boyfriend merely blushed at me.

"....I love you." I sighed. He looked away, flustered as we walked to the door. "....I love you too, you dork....."