Chapter 27- We'll Always Have The Memories.

Start from the beginning

“Samantha?” My mom giggled as she called out my name, walking into the room. 

I froze in my place and began chewing on my finger. “Mhm?” 

“Are you talking to yourself?” 

My eyes widened a little bit, “Just thinking out loud.” 

My dad and Katy came walking in behind her, looking like they had just done a full work out. I was one hundred percent sure that wasn’t the case. 

“Why are you sweating so much?” I asked Katy, looking up and down at her damp clothing. 

“Me and dad have been lifting boxes into the moving van, and it doesn’t help that it’s like 25 degrease outside.” 

I had spent the majority of Sunday packing up the stuff from my bedroom, with the help of Ste, and my final day at Dos Pueblos seemed to go quicker than what imagined. Turns out, my mom had been into school the following week whilst I was in LA, she’d discussed everything with Mr Dootson and he knew all about it. So I guess I really was the last person to find out about it all. Telling my friends, especially Alex, went smoother than I thought it would go. Katy told me they could stay over any time they liked, something they were all pretty excited about. It’s not like I was leaving the country. There wasn’t much point of me going into school today, but saying goodbye to everyone was something I had to do. 

I was cut out of my thoughts by a nudge to the side. I looked up and saw Katy staring over at me with wide eyes. “Tell them.” She mimed. 

I groaned, I had put this conversation off since Saturday, when my mom and dad told me everything. It was now Monday and we were leaving tonight, only thing was, my parents didn’t know where I had chosen to live. They didn’t pressure me into giving them an answer because they knew it was a hard decision for me, so I’d left it to last minute really. The boxes from my room were still stacked up in the corner of the living room, since my parents didn’t know whether to send them to LA or Miami, and I had a one way plane ticket to Miami sat on the fireplace, the choice was mine whether I wanted it or not. 

“Are these going in the same truck?” A strange bald man asked, holding a box from my room in his tight grip. 

Everyone’s eyes were then on me, but every time I opened my mouth to talk, nothing came out. This was my time to tell them, but I couldn’t. I looked over at Katy and pleaded with my eyes for her to help me. 

“No, we need a new truck. They’re going to LA.” Katy said politely to the man. He nodded and did as she said. 

My mom looked over at me, “They are?” 

I think they had a gut feeling that I would move to Miami with them, that’s what they hoped anyway. 

“Y-yeah.” I nodded. “IstillloveyoubothsomuchbutidecidedtogotoLAwithkaty.” All came out in one quick sentence. 

Both parents looked a little taken back, but they just gave me an assuring smile. “As long as you’re happy.” My mom said sweetly, but I could see the sadness fill her eyes. I felt awful.  

“I’ll go and start putting your boxes into the moving van.” Dad said. 

Maybe that was his way of taking his mind off the fact I wasn’t going to be living with them anymore.

“I knew all along Miami was going to be a little too far.” Mom sighed, she looked over at an excitement filled Katy. “You’re going to look after her aren’t you? The school’s going to be okay for her isn’t it? Oh what are you going to do when you go on tour Katy?”