"Q, a little help?" My mother called, and I sighed as I set my box down and quickly walked over to her, taking the small box from her and carried it into the house.

"Thanks doll." She whispered, settling onto the couch and I nodded as I started to unpack, watching her out of the corner of my eye as I did so.

She was breathing heavily, and when she raised her hand to brush a piece of hair behind her ear, it was shaking.

There was a slight knock at the door, and I immediately went and answered it, signing some remaining paperwork from the movers and shut the door as they left and turned to look at my mom.

"Mom, I'll cook tonight. I'm just going to run up to the store." I said, taking the keys from the counter and she nodded as she turned on the TV, and pulled a blanket over her body, resting her head on a pillow as I left the cozy house.

I turned over the engine, fighting back tears as moving here was the final step in my mothers life. She's accepted it by now, but I haven't.

I couldn't.

I wiped my face as I pulled into the grocery store, if you could even call it that. It was a gas station that had some food to buy, just the basics and all of that. I pulled the key out of the ignition and walked inside, the chime of the bell going off when I opened the door and sighed.

"Hi, welcome to Smith's Station." An all too perky girl greeted me, and I smiled at her as I walked towards the back where the refrigerators were. I grabbed nearly everything I needed, and went back to the cashier who had a knowing smile on her face.

"Is that all?" She asked, and I nodded quickly, grabbing the crumpled bills from my pocket and set it on the counter, and gathered the stuff back into my arms and thanked her as she gave me my change and went back into the car.

As I drove back home, I noticed there was a record shop on the side of the road, and bit my lip as I thought, and quickly pulled off and went inside, browsing around when someone around my age peeked his head out from the desk and smiled at me.

"Well, hey. Didn't hear you come in." He said, scratching the back of his neck and I gave him a smile as I looked around, and I could continue to feel his gaze on me as I did, and I felt my cheeks heat up from his stare.

I glanced at him as I turned my back, rifling through the CD's that were in alphabetical order, stealing glances at him every so often.

He had dyed platinum blond hair, a snapback covering it with strands of hair messily peeking out from it, an eyebrow piercing in his right brow, black ink gracing his pale skin and wore a plain baseball tee with black skinny jeans.

"I'm Michael." He said, and I turned back towards him, his eyes scanning my face.

"Well, if you need anything let me know." He said, a cheerful smile on his face and I nodded, browsing through until I found the newest C.D. and walked to the counter where Michael was standing, giving him a soft smile as he scanned and told me the total.

"Are you going to be going to school here?" He asked as he placed it into the bag, and I nodded again as I took the change and bag from him and he gave a thoughtful nod.

"You must be a senior, right?" He asked, and I nodded once again and he chuckled.

"Awesome, so am I." He said, and I smiled at him as I took the bag from him, and waved slightly as I walked towards the door.

"I'll see you around then." He said as I left, climbing back into my own car and went back home, unpacking everything and smiled to myself as my mom was asleep on the couch, and I got dinner ready.