Thirty-Nine: Fight

MADISON'S POV

This morning I woke up early, so I could get ready to hang out with my friends. We had hung out at the park, before going out to lunch. At the moment we were all at the mall together, just shopping around. It was Xander, James, Josh, Brianna, Violet, Greg and I. Our group had kind of modified from before, but everyone was fine with it. The more the merrier, but James didn't seem to like Xander hanging around us so much.

We had stopped to get ice coffees, but I didn't get one as the taste of ice coffee made me sick. We were stood outside the mall after shopping, just in a circle talking a bit before our rides got here. I saw Greg's eyes widen as he looked toward me.

"Uh Madd-" he was cut off as I felt a cool liquid quickly drip down from my hair, all the way down my outfit. I gasped, turning around to see Lacey and he group standing there. She had gotten some new sophomore minions as well, them having a group as big as ours, well one person bigger.

Why is it always coffee or iced tea? I'm completely done with all of this, it's completely ridiculous. Lacey has the biggest smirk on her face, and I hand James my bags to hold as I take his ice coffee, splashing it all over her. By now a small crowd of kids from school had gathered, as well as some fans of the boys I presume.

Why can't I go anywhere without running into Lacey?

She charges at me, but I dodge it and slap her, a chorus of gasps going off as I'm kicked by one of her minions, immediately falling to the ground with a yelp.

At this point, my friends had dropped everything to hold off Lacey's minions, but I was still outnumbered as it was Lacey and I, plus one of her sophomore friends. Lacey is sat on top of me this time, but we're both throwing punches. I even hit her helper a few times, before my hands are pinned to the ground.

Paps are also here, loving this. I manage to free an arm, punching the girl square in the nose, and kick Lacey in the back, punching her straight in the chest as she falls off of me, and of course, the boys have shown up.

The fight immediately stops as the four angry boys show up, everyone just stopping to stare at them as they've broken through the crowd, seeing my friends parents standing outside their cars with worried looks.

They help me up, and I spit blood on the ground near Lacey as I walk over to my friends. None of them are really hurt, just holding back the other minions so I wasn't ambushed.

The boys are fuming, so I quickly apologize and thank my friends as the crowd disperses, even paps and fans fleeing the scene. The boys have never been this angry in public before, despite me getting into fights the first year they adopted me. Maybe it's because I was outnumbered this time, hurt more? The crowd?

I'm not entirely sure as I take my stuff and get into the car, bruised and battered, and wet from the ice tea. My friends parents just look concerned for them as we drive away, the boys not saying anything until we got home.

"What the hell was that?" Luke sighs, biting his lip. A sight I normally love, but not right now.

"Exactly what it looked like?" I try to lighten the mood as Calum grabs a wash cloth, wetting it at the sink. He lifts me onto the counter to clean my face up.

"We thought you were over all of those fights?" Michael throws his head bak in frustration. I wine as Calum presses on my swollen lip too hard with the cloth.

"I was just having fun with my friends until she dumped her tea all over me!" I exclaim, hopping off the counter and grabbing a bag of frozen peas, which I'm not sure why we have because we don't eat peas never mind frozen ones, and placing it on my right eye.