Fifteen: Sleepover

MADISON'S POV

As soon a I go to knock on the door, James' opens it hurriedly.

"Did I just see Luke dropping you off?" he asks, pulling me in where I see Bri and Josh already in the living room. I nod as his face pales. "Does he know this is my house? Also, do they know what you're wearing? If I remember correctly last time you has your stomach show slightly they almost murdered you." I laugh at his reaction, and our friends worried faces.

"It's a very weird story. Yes Luke knows this is your house. The other boys might murder him, but they know too." he looks confused as I explain the morning to them.

"Is he like, sick?" Josh asks slowly and I shrug.

"Well if he is I might as well use it to my advantage." I shrug as Brianna drags me in to the kitchen to help get drinks.

James being so worried over Luke walking me here was probably one of the funniest things I have seen. By the look on his face you would think someone just told him he had a week to live. I don't get why he always gets so worried, sure they don't like him but they only ever yell at me for things.

"So," Brianna stars and I raise my eyebrows. "when are you and James going to get back together?" she smirks in my direction and I let out a breathy laugh.

"We aren't. Look, we're just friends." I say in a shaky voice, because I'm not sure what we are anymore. She scoffs at my answer, clearly unamused.

"We all know you and James aren't just friends." she says in a singsong voice, leaving me standing in the kitchen. I groan, but grab two drinks and head out. I hand James his drink and he quietly thanks me. We all start talking, and around five we decide to head out back and go swimming. I wore my bikini under my outfit so that I could just take my clothes off and be ready to go.

I was wearing a strapless neon Aztec bikini that had ruffles on the top piece. As we went out back I slid my shorts off before pulling my shirt over my head. I blush as I notice James checking me out, and I see Brianna and Josh smirking at me but I just roll my eyes, joining them all in the pool.

We all start jumping in the pool, splashing and creating a wave pool. It makes it difficult to swim, but it's fun. It doesn't take very long for the pool to calm down and become still again though. We were probably in the pool for about an hour before we all climbed into the hot tub and turned on the jets.

Brianna and Josh sat across from James and I, since our friends were apparently trying to set us up again. I hadn't minded sitting next to James, but our friends were definitely assholes.  I felt James move his hand from between us, to my thigh. I flinched at the contact, but I didn't say anything. I don't think anyone noticed he moved his hand, but I did.

"Josh and I are gonna go order the pizza, we'll be back in like five minutes." Brianna speaks up, leaving James and I with a wink in my direction, but I roll my eyes at her. As soon as they get inside I speak up.

"You're aware they're trying to set us up, right?" I laugh and he nods.

"Josh was the first to get here, and he asked me when I was gonna ask you out again." he snorts. Our friends really do want us together.

"When Brianna dragged me into the kitchen to get drinks, she asked me when we were gonna get back together." I tell him, feeling his hand slide a bit higher up my thigh.

"I love it when you don't wear makeup." he breathes before connecting our lips again. I kiss back, and this one is a lot more slow and passionate than last night. We still have swollen lips when we pull away though. I smile at him, when our friends come back.