Hum Hallelujah

-PATRICK'S POV-

Over the past week I haven't seen or talked to Pete. I guess I just thought he would be fine without me. I started dating Josh to help me move on from Pete, but it wasn't working. 

When I walked in the room, I saw Pete on the hospital bed. He was just laying there. His eyes were closed.

The nurse told us that there was a very slim chance he was going to make it, which saddened me. This was all my fault. If I never told him how I felt about his sudden mood changes. I didn't actually hate them, they just scare me at first.

Everything about Pete is perfect. I love him so much. I hope he will take me back.

I sat in the chair right next to the bed and held his hand. Maybe he didn't want to touch me...

I let go of his hand after thinking too much about it. I sighed and just stared at him for a while. He is so beautiful.

"Hey, I'm going to get some food. I'll be back soon." Brendon said, leaving the room.

I thought about Pete pulling me closer to him even when there was no space between us. When he kissed me for the first time.. When he carried me on his shoulders.. When he asked me out in the most awkward yet adorable way possible.. When he came home from New Jersey..

I started crying. "I love you so much, Pete. I'm sorry. This is all my fault."

I tried to get myself to stop crying, but it was nearly impossible. I didn't want to lose Pete. I was still in love with him. 

I saw his hand move a little, which gave me a little more hope.

"Pete?" I asked, still crying.

-PETE'S POV-

I opened my eyes. No, this couldn't be happening. I was so close.

"Why am I still here?" I cried. Then I noticed Patrick. He was crying. "Oh.." I quickly wiped my eyes and stopped crying. I remembered everything.

"I'm sorry.." Patrick tried to hold my hand but I moved away. He looked at me sadly.

"You're with.. Josh." I choked out. I didn't want to say it.

"Oh.. You saw that.." Patrick looked down.

"Yeah." I said quietly. 

"I broke up with him. I was only dating him to get over you, but it didn't work." He looked at me again.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Because I love you, Pete." He seemed sad. "I'm sorry I said what I said.. I didn't mean any of it. I was just pissed off. I care about you so much."

"I didn't mean any of it either, and I'm sorry for, uh, you know.." I said. I didn't really want to talk about what I did. I took my anger out on him when I shouldn't of.

He nodded. I reached for his hand. He noticed this and held it tightly.

"I don't ever want to lose you, Pete." He looked at me sadly.

"I love you, Pat. I love you so fucking much. I couldn't stand being without you.." I sighed.

"I love you, too." Patrick mumbled.

Brendon walked in. "Pete, I swear to god once you get out of here, I'm kicking your ass." Brendon said jokingly. 

"I dare you," I smirked.

"I missed you, dude. I'm so glad you're alright." He ruffled my hair.

I really loved Brendon, as a friend, obviously. He was always there for me.