Alone Together

~PETE'S POV~

I remembered how Patrick seemed upset this morning. I wondered if now would be a good time to ask.

"Hey," I said, getting Patrick's attention. "Why were you upset this morning? Well, I'm not sure if you actually were.. You seemed like you were."

"Oh." He replied. "I was just sad about what's going on with.. you."

"Look, don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He looked down at my hand, and then back at me. "How am I not supposed to worry about you when I care about you? A lot."

"Sorry. I care about you a lot too. You're a great friend, Patrick." I said, taking my hand off of his shoulder.

Did I really just say that? It seemed like I friendzoned him. Shit. I saw him nervously scratch the back of his neck after I said 'friend'. How can I prove to him that I didn't mean that? Well, he didn't know I liked him...

That's when I did it.

I placed my hands on his cheeks and kissed him. To my surprise, he kissed back. I pulled away and took my hands off of his cheeks.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Don't be." He smirked, blushing.

I took off his hat and put it on him.

The doorbell rang. Pizza.

"I'll get it." Patrick said and ran to the door.

While he got the food, I thought about what had just happened. I did it. I can't believe I finally had the courage.

Patrick walked back in with a box of pizza and some soda. He sat next to me on the couch. Then he opened the pizza box and grabbed a slice.

I grabbed a slice of pizza and closed the box. I took a bite.

"Thanks," I said, after I finished a slice.

~~~~~~~~~

We ended up eating every piece. It was great.

"Will you tell me?" Patrick asked nervously. "If you don't want to it's fine it's just-"

"Yes, I'll tell you." I smiled. It was an upsetting subject but I trusted Patrick. "I pretty much walked in and told him to get it over with. It would've been worse if I let his anger build up. This is all because I came out as gay. At least my mom doesn't hate me."

Once he heard this he hugged me. I hugged back.

"You're really good at hugging people." I laughed.

He let go. "Really? Thanks." He smiled. "It's getting pretty late.. You can sleep on my bed with me. If that's not awkward for you."

"It's not awkward." I replied. We're friends. Friends. Nothing more.

He picked the right side to sleep on. I slept on the left. We faced opposite directions.

"Goodnight, Petey." Patrick mumbled.

Petey. That's cute.

"Goodnight, Patrick." I said and shut my eyes.

~~~~~~~

When I woke up, Patrick wasn't on the bed next to me. He was already up.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up and he walked in the room.

"Good morning," He smiled. His hair was messed up. I could only imagine what mine looked like. "You can wear any of my clothes." He pointed to the closet and left the room so I could have privacy.