I Don't Care

*Pete's POV*

Jack and I talked the whole day. It made the day go by much faster.

"I don't want to go home." I said.

"I'm getting Brendon because I need to get home. You stay here." Jack replied.

I nodded and he ran out of the woods and to Patrick's house, I assumed.

I stood up and walked around the woods. I stayed around the same area, though. I heard someone running in the woods. Damn, Brendon runs fast.

"Hey, Pete." Brendon said, walking up to me. He wasn't even out of breath.

"Hey." I said. I hated all of the attention but I know Jack wants me to stay safe.

"How're you feeling?"

"Better than I was."

"Well, that's good. You know you should head home, it would make things worse if you stayed later."

"I know. I don't want to go."

"I'll help you. I will distract them while you go to your room." Brendon said. He was pretty smart.

"Alright." I agreed and stood up.

Brendon walked with me to my house.

When we got there, I ran to the back door and Brendon rang the doorbell. I saw both of my parents go to the door. I unlocked the back door and quietly walked in. Then I ran to my room. It worked.

I heard Brendon say something about selling food, which my parents declined and shut the door. I looked out of my window to see Brendon running to Patrick's house.

*Patrick's POV*

The doorbell rang. That's Brendon. I ran to get the door. Brendon walked inside.

"You know, Jack wasn't exaggerating." Brendon furiously sat on the couch. Ryan sat next to him.

"What?" I asked. I had no idea what was going on.

"Pete. He skipped school because he didn't want you to see him today." Brendon explained.

"W-what? Why?" I stuttered.

"Oh, it's not you. Trust me. He wanted to see you. He had a black eye, and bruises. It's pretty bad. Something he doesn't deserve, that's for sure." Brendon said.

"Oh.. Wow. Why did this happen?" I asked.

"He came out to his parents. They didn't like it. I came up with a plan that I really hope worked. He went through the back door as I distracted his parents." Brendon seemed very concerned.

I couldn't stand hearing this. I'm really worried for Pete.

"Is he coming to school tomorrow?" Ryan asked Brendon.

"Probably." He replied.

I sighed and turned on the TV. It distracted me for a while.

~~~~~

When it was getting late, Brendon and Ryan decided it was time to go. We said our goodbye's and they left.

I went to my room and went to sleep.

~PETE'S POV~ (oooo such changes in pov)

When I woke up I took a shower. I would be a little late for school but that didn't matter to me anymore. I grabbed a plain black shirt and some grey jacket that surprisingly still fit me. I put on some blue skinny jeans.

I walked into the bathroom to wash my face. I wondered when all this would stop. Then I did my hair and brushed my teeth. I grabbed a granola bar and walked outside, making my way to Patrick's house. It was far too early for his friends to be here yet, I assumed.