Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying

that picture of pete will be the death of me

~~~~~~~

I started to put my hand close to my mouth.

"Pete! Stop, what the fuck, no!" Brendon was on the verge of crying. He grabbed the pills from my hand.

"I want to die." I sobbed.

"Please, Pete.. everything will be okay soon, trust me." Brendon said, hugging me tightly.

"It's over, Bren.." I replied.

"No.. Patrick was crying when he answered the door so obviously he didn't actually want you to leave." Brendon assured me, letting go of me. "Promise me you'll stay safe."

"I promise." I said. I was so close to ending this pain. Breaking up with Patrick just added on to how I felt, which made matters worse.

Patrick was the only reason I was happy with living.

Now I don't even have him.

Brendon searched my room for every pill bottle I had. I just sat there, trying to process that I lost Patrick. Probably for good.

-PATRICK'S POV-

A part of me hoped he was alright but the other part of me wanted nothing to do with him. My phone buzzed.

Unknown Number: I'm sorry

That was probably Pete. I decided not to text back. Jack and Alex were still here, they were on the couch watching a movie. 

Why did I say that to him? I knew he couldn't help it, and he was just worried about me. I can't stand being without him. I can't believe I ended it..

Maybe that was the right thing to do, even though it hurts.. really bad. Maybe Pete and I weren't meant to be. Well, we have to at least be friends, because of Fall Out Boy. Pete has an important role in the band.

I sighed and looked around my room.

The pills.

Pete had loads of them at his house. My god, I hope he's safe.

-PETE'S POV- ((again yes))

When Brendon had every pill bottle I had in his hands, he sat down next to me. 

"I'm keeping these away from you until you and Patrick get back together." He said.

"What if we don't?" I asked.

"You will.. then when you're happy." He looked at me sadly.

"Sorry." I apologized. I had a lot of things to apologize about. Brendon was such a great friend, I never really understood why he put up with me.

"Hey, it's okay. As long as you're safe, I'm happy." He smiled but his eyes showed differently.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Jack." 

"Oh." I looked around my room. "Can you stay here for the night? You can use my clothes if you need to.."

"Of course, and thank you." Brendon replied. 

I checked my phone to see if Patrick texted back. He didn't.

It was getting pretty late. "I'm going to go to sleep.."

"Okay, I'll sleep too. Goodnight, Pete." Brendon said.

I laid down on my bed. "Goodnight, Bren."

There was a few minutes of silence. The silence worried me, and I'm not sure why.