Homesick At Space Camp

When I woke up, I guess I expected to be next to Patrick because I got a little surprised when I wasn't at his house. Until I remembered I wasn't in Chicago anymore.

"Peter!" My mom called. I hated that she called me Peter. "Want to get some breakfast?"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Sure."

She walked into the bathroom to take a shower and I put on some clothes. A purple jacket with a band shirt and some skinny jeans. I never really wore anything else besides band shirts and jeans.

I checked my phone as I waited for my mom to finish getting ready.

Patrick: I read the note you gave me. I really liked it. You mean a lot to me, too. I hope you have a great day, since you're probably sleeping when I send this.

I decided to reply to him when we got back from breakfast, because my mom was putting her shoes on to leave. I put my phone in my pocket and put on some converse.

We went to the buffet. It was great because during breakfast it only has breakfast items, during lunch it only has things you would eat for lunch and for dinner it had only things you would eat for dinner.

I got some waffles. The buffet was free I guess. That's cool.

After I finished eating waffles, I decided to reply to Patrick.

I'm glad you liked the note. And I hope you have a great day, too.

I put my phone back in my pocket. My mom and I started walking to her car. I guess we're going to her friend's house again. I'm not sure what her name is.

"I'm going to Donna's house today. We're setting up a party for Mikey. It's his birthday soon and he's going to have a huge party." My mom explained.

Oh, so her name is Donna.

"Like, the kind with music and dr-" I started to say before I realized I was talking to my mom and not one of my friends. "You know what I mean, right?"

"Yeah, that kind of party. It's tomorrow. I'm surprised Donna lets her boys do this." She shook her head.

"You-" I started to say. She let me do whatever the fuck I wanted. Well, sometimes.

"Let's forget about that." She smiled a little as we pulled into their driveway.

My mom got out of the car and I followed her. She knocked on the door and Gerard answered it.

"My mom is in the kitchen. Come in." He stepped to the side, allowing my mom to walk in.

"Thank you." My mom smiled at him.

"Pete!" Gerard smiled. "Come in."

I walked in and Gerard shut the door. "You're invited to Mikey's party, by the way. There's going to be girls here... and boys. And drinks and everything, it'll be great."

I nodded. "Alright, I'll come."

"Awesome!" Gerard said as we walked to the living room, where Mikey was. "Pete's coming."

"Great," Mikey looked at us. "Hi, Pete."

"Hey." I replied.

He laughed a little and my phone went off. It was a text from Brendon.

Beebo: Yo, Jack is in the hospital. He's fine though, I think.

What the fuck?

"What's wrong?" Gerard asked.

I texted Brendon back.

Why? What happened?

I looked at Gerard. "My friend is in the hospital."