My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

throw a fucking drink at patrick and ill throw a brick at your head

-PETE'S POV-

At the airport, it was extremely crowded. I was pushed around a few times but it's understandable that people were rushing, I guess.

My phone went off in my bag. When we got in line, I quickly got my phone out of my bag.

Beebo: The keys are in the mailbox.

I decided not to answer because the line was moving fast. I put my phone back in my bag.

On the airplane, I thought about how I was going to surprise Patrick.

I'll figure something out soon.

Since the flight only takes about 2 hours, I didn't have much time.

I decided to write down some lyrics I've been thinking about for a while. I grabbed my notebook and a pen.

  I can't wake up to these reminders of who I am:

A failure at everything... 18 going on extinct.

I know my place it's nowhere you should roam.

~~~

We are in the airport in Chicago. My heart was racing. I was so close to seeing Patrick again.

I basically ran out of the airport. I got in a taxi and told the driver to go to the school. Brendon's house was close to there. I also didn't know his address.

The drive felt like hours. In reality, it was only 15 minutes.

When we got to the school, I gave the driver some money. My mom and I got out of the car.

"Okay, I'm going to Brendon's.. Can you take my stuff to the house?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course." My mom smiled.

"Thanks," I said and started running to Brendon's house. His house was pretty big. It was one of the biggest houses on the street.

I opened his mailbox and took the keys out of it. I walked to Brendon's door and knocked on it.

Brendon opened it and immediately hugged me. "I'm glad you're alright." He let go.

"Thanks, man." I smiled. "Well, I'll see you later." I walked to Patrick's house, which wasn't that far from Brendon's.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. This was it, he's either found someone else already...

No. Stop thinking like that.

I unlocked the door and walked in. I didn't know if I should just walk in his room....

"Patrick!" I yelled, walking pretty fast to his room, where he's most likely be.

"Pete!" He smiled, jumping into my arms. "Oh my god, I missed you so much." He kissed me softly.

"I missed you, too." I whispered in his ear.

"You're home early?" He was confused.

"Yeah, we'll talk about that later." I smiled. I was still holding him so I set him down. I'm pretty sure he didn't want to be carried around every moment of his life.

"Pete, you dumbass, you forgot to lock the door." Brendon called. Patrick wrapped his arms around me.

Brendon, Jack, and Ryan walked into the room.

"I bet they had sex." Ryan whispered to Jack. Patrick and I heard it. Ryan is bad at whispering.

I winced at the comment and Patrick held me tighter.

"Okay, let's talk about something else." Brendon said, noticing me and Patrick.

"Thank you." Patrick smiled, looking at Brendon and then back at me.

"So anyway, we should start a tour."Jack said. "Fall Out Boy, Panic!, Twenty One Pilots, and All Time Low."

"Twenty One Pilots?" Ryan asked, confused.

"Yeah, they're really cool. You guys should hang out with Josh and Tyler sometime." Jack answered.

Brendon nodded. "Yeah, we should start it after school ends."

I rested my head on Patrick's shoulder. It was great to be back with him. I missed him so much..

I remembered that I had school tomorrow. I didn't want to go.

Brendon, Ryan, Patrick, and Jack were talking about tour or something. I didn't really listen.

Brendon and Ryan walked out of the door. I assumed they were leaving.

I heard the door shut.

"I'm going to sleep." Jack said, laying on the couch. "Goodnight, guys."

"Goodnight," Patrick yawned.

I laid down on Patrick's bed. He did the same.

"Goodnight, Petey." Patrick whispered.

"Goodnight, Trick." I whispered back.

~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, Patrick was gone. I immediately panicked. What if he left me? What if he's gave up on me? What if he's had enough of me screwing up so much?

Patrick walked in. "Goodmorning, babe." He smiled.

I sighed in relief and got up. "Goodmorning." I kissed him on the cheek. I changed into some of Patrick's clothes. I walked into the bathroom and did my hair. I brushed my teeth and walked to the kitchen. It was almost like Patrick's house was my second home.

I sat down at the kitchen table where Jack and Patrick were eating cereal.

"Do you want some cereal?" Patrick asked me.

I shook my head and he looked at me worriedly. I smiled at him and he continued to eat cereal.

Patrick put the dishes in the sink and walked out of the door. Jack and I followed him. He held my hand and Jack walked in front of us.

"I think I want to talk to Alex. I miss him a lot.." Jack turned around, and continued walking. He was now walking backwards.

"Do it, he's been worried about you since you were in the hospital." Patrick told Jack.

Jack nodded and smiled. He turned around again, so he was walking normally. Nothing else was said as we walked to school.

Patrick wouldn't let go of my hand. We walked to science together and sat next to each other. I decided not to pay attention to the class.

"Wentz!" The teacher shouted. This made me jump a little, reminding me of Mikey. Patrick held my hand tighter. I tried not to look affected by this. "Can you answer the question?"

I shook my head.

"Just as I thought." The teacher groaned. "Pay attention next time."

It saddened me that hearing my own last name would remind me of this.

The rest of the period went by really fast.

~~~

At lunch, I sat next to Patrick and Brendon. Brendon seemed really hyper and kept making jokes. I smiled at one of them and Jack looked at me, surprised.

"That's the first time I saw you show emotion to something that wasn't Patrick since you came back." He said to me.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Dude, it's fine, I'm just a little surprised." He seemed really worried about me.

I wanted him to know I'm fine. I wanted Patrick to know I was fine. I wish people would leave me alone and let me get through my problems alone. I knew I was fine. I was really great.

I was with Patrick and that's all that mattered.

~~~~~~~~

protect patrick stump from rude fans 2k15