The Take Over The Breaks Over

hello yes i was going to update yesterday but i was distracted by the apmas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*PATRICK'S POV*

I looked at Pete, trying to figure out who texted him and why he sighed when he saw it.

He looked at me and put his phone back in his pocket. He smiled. It seemed like he wasn't actually happy, as if he was faking a smile.

"What?" Is all I said, I couldn't really think of how to ask him.

"Oh, nothing." He responded. "Uh- do you want to watch a movie?"

Pete, stop changing the subject, something is wrong.

Is what I wanted to say, but I couldn't. I don't know why I was like this. I couldn't say what I wanted to half of the time without feeling bad. I mumbled "Sure." and we walked to my room.

"What do you want to watch?" He asked.

"I don't know." I replied. I didn't watch movies often.

He was pretty set on watching a horror movie. I didn't feel like watching a horror movie, especially because of the gore after I just ate.

We couldn't find a movie to watch, well, we couldn't agree at the moment. I couldn't stop thinking about how strange Pete was acting. What happened? He wouldn't tell me.

I think too much. I worry too much. Stop. Thinking.

Pete sighed and grabbed his bass that was still in my room. He started playing, and he was really good. Better than me. I grabbed my notebook with the song I was working on. I decided I was going to either name is Grand Theft Autumn or Where Is Your Boy. I wasn't sure yet. I continued writing the song.

You need him

I could be him

I could be an accident but I'm still trying.

That's more than I can say for him.

That's all I could think of at the moment, but I liked how this song was coming along. I closed my notebook and looked at Pete, who had just stopped playing his bass.

He looked unhappy. Is this why he drinks? Does it drown out your problems? I've never done it before.

Just a while ago I thought he was happy. I wish I could make him happy again. I saw him look at the table that had the pills on it. I could tell what he was thinking.

He stopped looking at it and turned to me. "Hey, can I.. have some water?"

I nodded and went to get water as quickly as possible. When I got back, he was still sitting there. I handed him the bottle of water. "Thanks," he said quietly. He grabbed the pill bottle and read it. He shook his head. He opened the bottle and poured 2 in his hand and took them. Then he set them back on the table, along with his water. He quickly looked at me and smiled. It was a fake smile, I could tell.

I hugged him tightly. "I love you, Pete." I didn't know why he seemed so sad, but he wasn't really the type to want to talk about his problems.

"I love you, too." He hugged back. When I let go, he smiled at me, but it didn't seem like a fake smile anymore. I smiled at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked, I'm bad with words, but I wanted to know what was bothering him.

"Nothing, really. I just think too much." He replied. "Brendon wanted me to go drink with them again, by the way. I'm not going."