Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

-PETE'S POV-

I would be lying if I said things weren't awkward.

"Pete, I'm going to the store.. Wanna come?" My mom asked.

"Yeah," I replied and waved to Gerard and Mikey.

We got into my moms car and I checked the time. Patrick would be in lunch right now. I decided to call him.

I dialed his number when the car started moving. I waited for what seemed like forever for him to pick up.

"Petey!" He said.

"Hey, we need to talk." I replied. I could see my mom look at me from the corner of my eye.

"What? What's wrong?" He seemed worried. I felt like I was going to cry.

"Um," Yup, I was crying.

"Are you crying? Petey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I messed up really bad, Patrick." My voice was shaking.

"What?" He seemed really concerned.

"I fell asleep at Mikey's.. A-And I keep thinking I'm back in Chicago at your house.." I tried not to stutter. "M-Mikey kissed me a-and I-I though it w-was you and I kissed back.."

"Oh.." Patrick's voice was quiet.

"I stopped when I realized it wasn't you I s-swear. Please.. Patrick.." I was crying even harder.

"Please don't cry, Pete." He seemed sad.

"I'm sorry.. I messed up a-again.." I couldn't believe how much I was crying.

"It's okay, it really is.. I trust you, Pete." Patrick said.

"It's not okay, Patrick." I was surprised I didn't stutter. "I'm always messing things up w-with my depression and kissing the wrong people. I don't deserve you. I'm so sorry.." I started not to cry that much.

"I love you, Petey." Patrick said.

"I love you too... I'm sorry." I replied.

"Stop apologizing you dumbass." Patrick laughed.

"Sor- okay. Thank you." I smiled.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being an amazing boyfriend." I replied. I heard a bell ring.

"I have to go to music. I'll call you later. Bye." Patrick said and hung up.

"You kissed Mikey?" My mom asked.

"Yeah.." I replied.

We pulled into the parking lot of the store. I got out of the car and walked in the store. My mom bought whatever she needed. I pretty much wondered around the store the whole time.

My mom and I met up at the check out. When we were done, we got in the car and started driving back to Mikey's.

~~time skip, Pete's at Mikey's house~~

"Hey, Pete." Gerard said when the TV started playing commercials.

"What?"

"Mikey really likes you, man. I know you have a boyfriend and it's really awkward for you. He's not going to give up, I hope you know." He told me. Mikey was with Donna and my mom at the moment.

"Oh." I said. "I really like Patrick. I could never cheat on him.. Or break up with him. He means too much to me."

"I'm glad you're happy with him." Gerard smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

Gerard and Mikey were really nice to me.

Mikey walked in. "Hey."

"Hi." I said, turning to look at him.

He sat next to me. We continued watching TV for a while.

My phone went off.

Beebo: you cheated on patrick???? dude thats not cool.

What the fuck??

Me: not on purpose

Beebo: how do you accidentally cheat on someone

Me: how do you know this happened??

Beebo: Patrick told me. he seemed kinda sad but he said he understood..

Me: I was half asleep I thought he was Patrick

Beebo: sure

Me: I was fucking crying when I told pat

Beebo: i know, it's just Patrick seemed a bit bothered that you kissed this Mikey kid.

Me: I don't like Mikey in the way that I like pat..

Beebo: I know. I just wanted to know what the fuck is going on.

Me: oh.. how is Patrick now

Beebo: hes alright. im with him and jack right now. he just seemed a little uneasy. maybe he doesnt trust you fully yet idk

Me: no dont say that why wouldn't he trust me

Beebo: well you kissed Jack and that Mikey kid.

Me: me and pat weren't even dating when I kissed jack

Beebo: oh. well anyway I miss you dude

Me: I miss you too

Beebo: bye, talk to you later

Me: bye

I looked up from my phone. I needed time to think. It's totally fine that Patrick was bothered by that.

It's not like I had sex with Mikey. It was an accidental kiss.

I'm kind of sad that it upset Patrick, but he needed to know. It would've been wrong if he didn't know. It was getting pretty late and I was getting tired again.

"Peter, come on." My mom said and I waved to Mikey and Gerard as I left the room. I got into the car to call Patrick.

He takes forever to pick up.

"Hey." Patrick said.

"I'm sorr-" I started to say.

"Stop that." Patrick nearly yelled. "Stop saying sorry."

"Okay, okay." I sighed. "I just feel really bad. I'm sorry that made you sad."

"It's fine. I understand." Patrick said.

"So how was your day?" I asked.

"Boring. It's always boring without you." He replied.

"I wish I could be with you right now." I looked at my mom, who was getting in the car.

"I wish you could be here, too." He said. "I love you."

"I love you too, Pattycakes." I smiled. We said this a lot, but it made me happy. My mom started driving to the hotel.

"Peter." He mumbled.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you that there's a buffet at the hotel. It's fucking great." I said.

"That's awesome. Oh, and there's a new kid at school." Patrick replied.

"Who?" I asked.

"I don't know his name yet. He was being homophobic. He's a dumbass." Patrick said.

"Wow." I sighed. "Well we are at the hotel now, I gotta go. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye." Patrick said and hung up.

I got out of the car and walked to my hotel room. I fell asleep almost instantly.